AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
On_Point
On_Point
@on_point
Free
Joined: July 17, 2022 8:32 pm
Topics: 19 / Replies: 180
Reply
RE: Really?

I’ve set a point a little over 1500’ with a 360 but the radio kept jumping in and out on the robot and I was wondering if I was going to even get it b...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed exceptions

Whoa!😮 409!? Makes my head hurt just thinking about it. 😂

3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1243
Reply
RE: Control/traversing Commandments?

Yeah, over tightening is one of the first things I teach an apprentice when showing them how to take care of the equipment. Another big one is to alwa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon network RTK issues

Sokkia gcx3 rover and Topcon fc6000 data collector. I believe it’s network solution however, it occasionally switches the base station so not sure. I’...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 2853
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1260
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

Is it dependent on location such as state or county? I always thought it was up to the client or contractor to let me know if they want or need an as-...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS again-Stop looking at it

As long as the GIS maps serve their intended purpose most of the GIS ppl I know don’t really care if they’re more precise. After all they don’t need t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS again-Stop looking at it

I doubt GIS will ever be very precise if they don’t need to be. I only use it to look up deeds other than that I ignore the line work. Seen it of by ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Backsight Best Practice?

You could try using a compass and entering the azimuth when shooting the backsight then the total station and control will match that rotation which w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking with Someone Else's bad control points

Doesn’t help that while your trying to get the control or project figured out the contractor is pressuring you to get some layout on the ground or the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking with Someone Else's bad control points

Unfortunately, control issues seem to be a common occurrence when taking over a job from a previous surveyor(s). I probably run into at least once a y...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Green Flagging

@rj-schneider if a client calls you to say they can’t find where you marked the PC then tell them to wait until winter them they’ll see it.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Green Flagging

Always used green and white for CL of sanitary sewer and blue/white stripe for LOD. Contractors always seemed to find it well enough.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Green Flagging

You can start taking on more sewer work. Staking sewer line and MH offsets can use it up pretty fast sometimes. One past job comes to mind where we ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Sort of had it backward

And I thought only contractors used GIS lines. Sometimes only to find out they’re not accurate after they’ve already cleared across a neighboring lin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Sort of had it backward

And I thought only contractors used GIS lines. Sometimes only to find out they’re not accurate after they’ve already cleared across a neighboring lin...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 831
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 592
Page 1 / 10