AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Removing Geoid for Machine control. (TRIMBLE)

If the surveyor did not calibrate but simply did a scale for producing the grid to ground if thats the case in theory simply have them save that scale...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access Resection Routine

@rover83 oh you could hand calc a rtk vector it’s basic algebra and the cancellation of like terms but getting it into a readable format might take so...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access Resection Routine

@chris-bouffard Trimble actually uses two different mathematical equations depending on how many known points used and such. They have a awesomeness ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best network adjustment software

@mightymoe thank you. I will give it a try.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best network adjustment software

@mightymoe the legal writer in tbc is on my to do list to figure out by the boss. I cogo in a make believe boundary and ran it for giggles and he said...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best network adjustment software

@ncsudirtman there is a great youtube video that was put on showing LSA with carlson. It was both rtk and conventional. I can’t remember who did it bu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar 13 Apr 2023 at 1400-1500 ET

I am disappointed i will not be able to attend this one. I will be at a convention and training. I guess i will have to catch it on the rerun.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best network adjustment software

@mightymoe Wow that’s about when I first started using starnet. . You probably used trimap gps survey and such pre TGO and way before TBC. I don’t kno...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best network adjustment software

@crid54 It has been years since i ran starnet like dos mode days. But I agree. I use TBC now but that’s because we are a Trimble shop and its here i d...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@rover83 I was pondering this last night as i woke up. One of those what if thoughts. While i can agree that phase center offset is below rtk accuracy...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@loyal muscle memory. Well you are more than a blind nut finder I am sure. It has been a learning curve coming back to working on the surface when I ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@loyal I came across an old thread this morning that was about grid and ground issues. I was trying to pull some information as i try and do once a we...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for work - Drafting construction surveys - Will work for free

I admire your dedication and willingness to work for free. However you have a tremendous background already and take it from someone who has made the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Prep for the FS exam

If you get the ncees information read it read it again read it and highlight important information about the exam itself test day what it will be like...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best network adjustment software

I 2nd @Norman Oklahoma. Starnet is a great software for surveyors. It has great instructions and use to have sample data and flow charts to follow. Ea...

4 years ago
Page 78 / 139