AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Structure survey & Scanning

I have used and tested the SX10 for surveys and we conducted test against laser trackers scanners for specific purposes not necessarily this scenario ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

So probably something worth mentioning as I was asked this question just the other day. For some reason a person asked about the difference in doing ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@mightymoe you can do PPP precise point positioning or absolute positioning and use a single receiver and get on whatever datum you prefer. Not utili...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@mathteacher on gps.gov. You should be able to pull the latest tech mote document that manufacturers should use as a guide for all messages codes and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@bill93 you about nailed this. The GPS satellites don’t truly know about wgs84 they are in there own system each satellite only cares about center of...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy (leveling) and Gravity article

Very nice. Atomic frequency standards. I use to get my hand slapped for referring to them as atomic clocks. Lol. Modeling and analyzing the differ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lets have some fun Magnetic declination 1800 to 2023 then to NAD83 2011 Grid north

Also on that tool the magnetic model clearly states 30 minutes. Something to consider. While we can apply that numeric declination correctly from mat...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@fugarewe you do not have to delete them those datums and coordinate systems that you will not use. Trimble sells equipment world wide so from a busin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lets have some fun Magnetic declination 1800 to 2023 then to NAD83 2011 Grid north

Love that tool. Yes it addresses the dates issue for sure. One thing you mentioned is dms vs decimal degrees is one of the common blunders i have se...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

Is it possible to see this back plate and bar from the ground with a total station by chance or any other 2 points that you could derive the azimuth f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternatives to Civil 3d

@bstrand I think it is better than people let on. Especially if you are already doing field codes for F2F type stuff. I like it for drafting but I am ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Monument Costs

@norman-oklahoma so true On the pk and mag nails. When i worked out west control primary was at minimum rebar and brass or aluminum cap stamped. 60d n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS webinar 22 June 2023 transitioning to new NSR

It was a great presentation and discussion. I thought the panelists did a very great job. The AAGS certification I am looking forward to as well. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS webinar 22 June 2023 transitioning to new NSR

It was a great presentation and discussion. I thought the panelists did a very great job. The AAGS certification I am looking forward to as well. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 3" S7 Robot (w/ Video) includes 360 Prism and TSC3 (Access & Roads)

@jpbrady49 thank you. I didn’t have my glasses on last night so i now see you had the angle accuracy already in the header. Sorry about that.

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Trimble 3" S7 Robot (w/ Video) includes 360 Prism and TSC3 (Access & Roads)

@dmyhill i don’t know if its still available but you can get credit for tsc3. Or you could say cut the cost a little by using the tsc3 as eye candy on...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Surveyor Outfitted Cargo Trailers

I have a rough design on paper and a friend thats a mechanical engineer is playing around trying to get it exactly the way i would want. Basically i...

3 years ago
Page 72 / 139