Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
@jitterboogie I have no idea if i am right. But I have had the honor of really getting to know many surveying firms over the years and not as a employ...
@norman-oklahoma He is looking at the swimming pool. Thats why he is holding the tripod .
@andy-j That is a very true statement. Slow down the money train. Last year a realtor that also was a investor was getting a commercial piece of prop...
We use go perform rubbings on control marks the disk and make a sketch with reference marks. I guess somewhat similar to what i kinda remember doing i...
@rover83 Yes Dr Dennis is a smart cookie. I was actually looking at the software he created but had to step away I guess a he works for ngs now. He ...
@rover83 where I am they could have used a few LDP for sure. We have one zone then a north and south zone. The problem is in some areas now its not mu...
The BRX7 is a good receiver. I have followed behind one in canopy and letting it settle in and being patient and redundant measurements we were all wi...
@rover83 Do you think once the new datum is out Autodesk will make it to where one can design correctly in that system or will it be what it is now. C...
@chris-bouffard I am glad i am not the only one on the face of the earth that is not a master drafter. I will probably spend the rest of my career usi...
@rover83 gotcha. So for example. I am doing some boundaries now. I started in state plane take and key in the deeds I reduce the deed distances per a...
@chris-bouffard help me out. I assume you are using civil 3d for drafting as most people do. When bringing in the points file from whatever means gps ...
@jimcox That is the question of the day. I files that state nad 83 state plane all the time I even called the PE and the surveyor on one as i had foun...
Good field notes are exactly that a work of art. A way for the person to express what they see. However I feel a lot of notes that are mandated are ou...
We just had a similar issue for a utility company. Easement was not where the utility was and it just happened that it was physically inside an ingres...
@gary_g i had to send this video to my crews when he first posted it. I try and make them aware of issues before they have them for sure. I have caug...