AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

Gotcha. Thats exactly what i am trying to educate myself on. First so if I decide to invest to aid a friend different state about how much to get it ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Celestial Ephemerides Options for Sun and Polaris

As you play around. Polaris and the sun are not the only stars you can utilize. The sky is full of many stars that one can use. I am heading out of to...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

LOL But I am sorta being serious. If I were setting funds aside for say 5 years from now. How much should I have set aside before I launched. I have a...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 1899
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

So let me see if i can wrap my head around this. You stake out point number 1. Accept and store it. S5 is still locked on and you select from map or l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

The rapid point etc. this is where I truly like Trimble once one understands how to use the different measurements methods and the way it can handle...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Frustrating ongoing procedure battle

Yeah coordinates can bite you for sure. I try and look at them as simply another tool in the toolbox. I try my best to look at everything and from di...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Frustrating ongoing procedure battle

I got a good lesson on blocks last year. I was doing an ALTA . I had never done a block in this state nor the city. But I went with what I knew while ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Frustrating ongoing procedure battle

Keep teaching. I am studying now. I do miss the PLSS. I miss the hunt for a monument or other evidence way more than the math. I have a lot to learn f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Celestial Ephemerides Options for Sun and Polaris

Keep up the good work Shawn. Naval Observatory has lots of good information. EOP etc . I have been there several times and was lucky enough to get to...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

Well here is a few. Lets say you locate a conc ROW monument sticking up a half foot above ground. That doesn’t need to be in the surface or contouring...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

Well depends. If it’s our office project yes i have most codes set up to include and exclude what I want. I use TBC so for me it’s easy. But if it’s ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

You dont need him to do it. Simply open the csv file on your TSC7. Its windows. For your stake out file. Clear contents in elevation column so its bla...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a new base/rover setup

I think Javad is probably the best solo rural survey system. If you are doing mostly boundary surveys and have to deal with canopy and terrain. The w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

Thats pretty smart. Get an extra ground shot that way. I have our stuff set up so no control points and other features are used in the surface. I do h...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

In the settings of gps search you can do no vertical if you want so simply do not use elevation for control. Where I see the biggest issue is people h...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

Thats too funny not having zero to a BS. We had a weird instance where are TSC7 did something funky and lost all our custom survey styles. Last week....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

Amen. I am amazed at the office managers that will not allow a resection period. Say they are not as accurate and would rather spin a fly no closure ...

3 years ago
Page 46 / 139