AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Invalid Leap Second TBC

Thanks. I am in the same boat. Big company and updates are a no no. lol. I put in a ticket to schedule a reinstall for next week as soon as I put thes...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Invalid Leap Second TBC

I had to start with a HERE position but we do this all the time and it just pops up from time to time. I like taking the daily files and as/qc and als...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 4839
Reply
RE: Surveyor growth

Field to Finish is actually very simple if done correctly. I have witnessed what I perceive you are seeing. Where everything is burdensome on the fiel...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Minds...

The polka dot look on property is something I try not to do. Maybe on earth if multiple crews. We use to use paint a lot doing Topo mapping for DOT RO...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

Use them to educate the customer base. If you can get past the Realtors. I have some friends and companions that are realtors. Almost everyone of them...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

Oh that like to inflate the purchase and selling prices as well. I am in the process now of buying raw land to build a retirement home on. I said this...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GNSS post processed Grid Coordinates to Ground Coordinates

If not using a Low Distortion Projection or snake grid. I would use the 1/6 rule to get a good project factor and choose a point at some location on t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

Now that I will agree with. It is most definitely not meant for anchor bolts. It’s great for Topo and most construction staking. I would hate to use i...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Minds...

Hey that will save you money. Control point already set. Paint markings man you should be ringing the cash register a lot. lol. I have got in the habi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

I would like to see a Trimble using active track on a vest. Or any other prism. I remember when the same was said about the old 5600 robots. Oh they c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor growth

I am sorta an odd ball. I was away for many years from daily Land Surveying. So I missed a lot. Now I was still in the geodetic and such so was still ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor growth

Yeah it’s not a matter of the higher ups not knowing what they are doing it’s like you said they set standards or think everything is as it was 20 yea...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor growth

I learned from this past year a lot of assumptions are made from the top down to the field crews. So I will be doing a lot more calling to talk to th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Questions for Flat Earth Discussions

LOL that’s awesome. I like your style.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Questions for Flat Earth Discussions

The seconds are more than 60 is for simplicity in math. For accruing angles and to apply the corrections which can take it above or below the 60 seco...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey in Question - Need some direction

Oh here in Virginia once you get it surveyed its your responsibility to have it recorded. Some surveyors here will do that for you for a fee if you r...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey in Question - Need some direction

Virginia is somewhat a race to the courthouse state. You need to get your surveyor to do a boundary depending on the county i can give you some good c...

3 years ago
Page 42 / 139