AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 8:45 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: My boundary is a stone wall. Where is the line?

I am in a colonial state. My jurisdiction was a colony at the time highways were laid out. In fact, they are mostly easements. Calling the face of s...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My boundary is a stone wall. Where is the line?

@norm What I wrote is more specific. Here is another example of why it matters. However, you are entitled to your opinion. The DOT has always set ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My boundary is a stone wall. Where is the line?

I don't know of any case law. It is more like doctrine. Either way I would expect a surveyor to be diligent in determining rights-of-way, and that mea...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My boundary is a stone wall. Where is the line?

You can state the width as 60 feet and still use ground-based evidence. That way you still have an operative document. It doesn't need to be perfect, ...

1 year ago
Topic
Reply
RE: APWA Utility Colors

Actually, it doesn't matter what color they paint if it's almost always wrong.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: whats up with OPUS part 2

I can only get OPUS solutions if I uncheck the box that allows GNSS data. It would be nice if that gets fixed. Right now it is GPS constellation only.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: APWA Utility Colors

The color for storm drains is purple. I used to live where there were combined sewers, but no longer do.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

I encountered a non-tangent curve on a city highway layout map in Massachusetts. It was clearly labelled and showed radial bearings from the beginning...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: I’m getting too old for this sh*t

Diligence. I hope you find that ibuprofen.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Dwelling?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. Today we found a well house on a property we were surveying, and I will label it so, because I think that is s...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Dwelling?

Most will include the assessors parcel identification and deed references. It's the "wood frame dwelling" without any other identifying language that ...

1 year ago
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 10
Views: 2576
Reply
RE: My First Scam

@totalsurv Wow! Thank you.

1 year ago
Topic
1 year ago
Replies: 19
Views: 3156
Reply
RE: Mapping Negligence

I took a project with DOT and all the coordinate pairs had been copied from AutoCAD with X changed to north and Y changed to east. I figured out what ...

1 year ago
Page 5 / 62