AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 2:08 pm
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: What's Wrong with this Picture?

@ars-mine-surveyor?ÿ Sorry. It's just a bad map all around.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Reply
RE: What's Wrong with this Picture?

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ I agree. After some reconnaissance. I will be surveying to tie in any evidence found. If there are assumptions needed to complet...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What's Wrong with this Picture?

There is a typographical error in my original post. The side line distances add to 350 and 349 respectively. I typed 359 in the original post.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What's Wrong with this Picture?

@cv?ÿ The same surveyor made a subdivision at the intersecting road, however, he changed the geometry of the intersection and the two lots on either ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What's Wrong with this Picture?

@bill93?ÿ Yes, I am planning to do some reconnaissance today. There are four monuments (stone bounds) shown on the subdivision. Finding them will be ...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 28
Views: 1250
Reply
RE: 2" Total Stations and Use

I have a very good 2 arc second survey instrument. It also estimates to 1 arc second. I notice the difference (much better) that the other instruments...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "Oh, I had no idea it would cost that much"

It should only take a couple of hours. I don't need it to be certified. Just find my pin.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: If you choose to honor the fence you do not need a survey. It is a monument unto itself.

False. Long standing (more than twenty years) fences may be taken to indicate boundaries against highways or other land that otherwise have no monumen...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Fences

In my state there is no law, bylaw, rule or regulation that states you must build your fence at an offset to your boundary.?ÿ When my clients get thi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Fences

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ So, while it may be a convenience, there is no bylaw, rule or regulation for the fence to be set back from the boundary. Also, ...

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 22
Views: 1933
Reply
RE: World's Smallest Drill Hole

@jph?ÿ It is a corner mark of a property in the vicinity of my survey. While it is called for on a recorded map, there is no note on how small. I was...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you also do topographic surveys?

Okay, so I know what "field to finish" is. You can have point data moved to certain layers on import, attach symbols, etc. I even tried once to make a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you also do topographic surveys?

We just did topography for a conservation commission. So, I guess the answer is yes. What I would like to know is how "field to finish" applies.?ÿ I...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: World's Smallest Drill Hole

I will be happy to convert the drill hole's diameter to what ever units you desire... except tons.

4 years ago
Page 27 / 62