AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Norman_Oklahoma
Norman_Oklahoma
@norman-oklahoma
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: June 15, 2015 7:55 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 11:19 pm
Topics: 199 / Replies: 8292
Reply
RE: Books I Had, Books I Just Aquired, and Books I Wish I Had

Those all look like great books to have, though I've never heard of a single one of them. I consider Curtis Brown's "Boundary Control and Legal Princi...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

Yes, there is. Add a preamble.... A tract of land in the SE1/4 of Section XX, T1S, R1W, W.M., Washington County, Oregon being the North 400 feet of ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

30 years ago I made up a north arrow for the outfit I was with at the time. The idea was to have the arrow do double duty as a company logo, the drawi...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Help! Carolina boy don't speak California

You don't have to be from Cali to see that a survey of a parcel of that shape is going to be a tough job.

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

Then you are with me as well. Technically, hardly anybody (other than John Putnam) has set a PK nail in 20 years. MAG nails are a distinctly di...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

As you know, I too am a now a government worker after 30+ years on the private side. So I feel your pain. Let go of the idea that your role is to thro...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

Spend the time you save sitting on the bank "working on your notes".

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

This is not old town Portland - been there, done that, got a sticker for my hard hat - but it is a fully developed suburban area. Utility conflicts wi...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

Whoa.... slow your roll, Turbo. I'm talking about prudent practice here, not gross negligence. Engineers are allowed to do engineering surveying in...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

It is a large diameter transmission line bringing water to the city, far more than a simple service. This is phase 3 of several phases. Each 20 foot s...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

Changing the rod height serves the same purpose and takes far less time.

2 months ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 992
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

It's a call to a monument, so it has to be honored. Nevertheless it is not a very precisely defined monument - there is no pinpoint to put your sharp ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

I do not suggest using reflectorless for this. Use a rod and glass, just keep the rod at the same height for both backsight and foresight. 1. shoot...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

I'd probably use the total station for this sort of work and set it to read ΔZ. As long as the rod height remains fixed for both backsight and foresig...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

I worry more about the plumbness of the rod than I do about the veracity of the satellites. For boundary marks I occupy between 30 seconds and 2 minut...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

Such a term might have more meaning in Oregon than it does in Kansas. (Kansas Surveyor: "Hill? What's that?). An often equally imprecise but far more ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

Tight groupings don't necessarily equal good coordinates.

2 months ago
Reply
2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

I’ll make them a block, residing on a separate layer. Makes it easier to keep together.

2 months ago
Page 4 / 425