AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Norman_Oklahoma
Norman_Oklahoma
@norman-oklahoma
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: June 15, 2015 7:55 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:32 pm
Topics: 199 / Replies: 8292
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

The AI chatbot is mostly, technically, correct about Oregon. But it bases its statements on the letter of the law and makes no consideration of the pe...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

This area HC is talking about extends into NE Oklahoma. It's a toxic waste dump, nearly uninhabited and uninhabitable. I would not want to eat any fi...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

Stated plainly, I see no reason that the easement should extend across Lot 10. It can end at the Lot 9/10 boundary. Nevertheless, doing this as an e...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: NCEES is writing a PS exam with no boundary law on it

I don't read this as being "geospatial" instead of "boundary". I read it as being in addition to. I'm OK with that.

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

This can be done, and regularly is, in Oregon at least, through a subdivision process. Furthermore, in Oregon lots of the size under discussion here ...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

That would work if you can find willing and cooperative buyers. Good luck with that.

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

Starting perhaps 30 years ago it has become de rigueur to package an Exhibit A description with a fully dimensioned Exhibit B map. This, it seems to m...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

There should 9 separate easements. Lot 2 has an easement over lot 1. Lot 3 has and easement over Lots 1 and 2. Lot 4 has one over Lots 1, 2, & 3. ...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

In 15 states, mostly in the west, a surveyor who sets a monument must file a "Record of Survey" map, detailing the monuments found, the monuments set,...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

I've spent most of my career in a recording environment. Having work reviewed and commented on has always been a part of my everyday. Except for the ...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

In my case, only one such occasion in my career that I can recall. We knew it was likely to be so in advance and proposed accordingly. That's an adva...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I don't have any problem with that. The surveyor has gathered and reported the facts. Which are that this is a gigantic cluster f..... of a litigatio...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Boundary? Yes, I suppose. Marketable title? I cannot imagine that any lender would touch this property with a ten foot pole.

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Your elevation certificates didn't expire in June

I rarely do ECs. But I believe that this expiry date thing happens just about every go around. SSDD. Continue to use the old one until a new one comes...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: The case of the remorseful subdivider

I'm not sure what kind of (constitutional) CC&Rs one could write to prevent this sort of thing. Better to enter into an agreement with a builder a...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: new way to scan

Pro model iphones and ipads include scanners that could do that job.  

3 weeks ago
Page 2 / 425