AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Convergence

It depends on how far E or W of C/M Central Meridian, that you are ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: A more permanent TP

I was thinking the same thing... A cast iron roll of tp or a bidet!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS surveying hazards, and good ideas of practice

To ddsm, Thank you for sharing that. There is a lot to learn for some of us. I'd like it if such thing were semi automated. I'm not super good at put...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS surveying hazards, and good ideas of practice

Hooly cow, Mine is superior: because it's buried deeper Because it's got rocks and gravel pounded around it, to stabilize it. The ones I'm finding...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS surveying hazards, and good ideas of practice

Were all going to face GPS base pincushions. It's really a matter of how we face them. Another thing is ALWAYS have a second point, that you can 2x ch...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS surveying hazards, and good ideas of practice

@norman-oklahoma I'm really not for, or against any particular solution... Except to say it's a situation that demands an answer, and we all will pic...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS surveying hazards, and good ideas of practice

What should I do? It's the perfect little spot for a base. Little hill, and all. I go to set up, and there's ALREADY a nice mag hub nail there. It's ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Basis of Bearing...

My favorite:?ÿ Basis of bearings: North is up the page. N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS surveying hazards, and good ideas of practice

@norman-oklahoma Mostly, these are off near the r/w fence. For hill bullies, that's "by the road"

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Livestock eating flagging liability

YouTube, here we come... Zebco vs bull!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Stake chaser whiskers

Yes, @mark, I guess it's retro-thinking... As I try to find an old survey marker, in a dozer trail, with an ambiguous witness tree. N

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1219
Reply
RE: Livestock eating flagging liability

@mike-marks We were surveyors. We hated those flies. They would land on our sweat soaked single layer t-shirts, while our attention was focused elsew...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Livestock eating flagging liability

@mr Moe. Thank you for sharing. I use pin flags. They can poke out an eye, when kneeling down. What you said is sobering. I'll be thinking this th...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 30
Views: 2038
Page 89 / 527