AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: RTK and Post-Process Results

Many surveyors use (abuse) rtk. It is expected that UNDER CANOPY that it will contain some bad data.?ÿ Your work sequence should be built around this...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK and Post-Process Results

@jt1950 Honest answer: I think you may have some bad inits out there. We're these redundant shots (overlapping data) under canopy??ÿ Fixed does not ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK and Post-Process Results

I don't know. I do know that how different brands do things, varies. And, within brands, things vary, as technology expands. I have a javad, and it ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What wind speeds do you work in?

I work in rain, some. Wind, I work til my gps base blows over.... Happened once! ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Good surveyors near Chicago?

Advice given me, by a TC, who used to work for us. (I as a teenager, taught him to hang a plumb bob, under a transit) TC is about 15 years my senior. ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: "Substitute" PK Nails

3" long concrete nails. They are fluted. They give off a good magnetic signature. They are handy. Thank you, Nate

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What Type of Instrument is This?

Could be decor for Cracker Barrel? Or, it could be good for grandkids to "play surveyor". Have fun with it. N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper use of tools

I remember a James Herriot story, about sending a feces sample (in a treacle tin) to the lab, to test it for johnnies disease, or worms, and sending s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson, won't allow decimal seconds, in ROTATE coords

I use align. I like it. It's an add on, to acad, and it's set to round to nearest second. Phoow! Thanks! N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from New Jersey

Yes, @Richard Imrie wrong thread! Thank you, N

6 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Proper use of tools

Thank you. That guy used to work for me. Ha!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Aquatic Traverse Points

Set a rebar in the channel. Us an extension rebar/pipe to drive it. Or, a hammer drill to make a pilot hole., to set it in. Let it stick up 1" or 1-1/...

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: What Type of Instrument is This?

If you send the pic to [email protected] I may be able to post it for you. N

6 years ago
Page 80 / 527