AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Todays base station

Btw, my first shot, after setting the base, was to set a R/R spike, with x in top, nearby, for a "more preserved" base point. That silo may not last.....

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 2659
Reply
RE: Total Station Skill Heat Map

Total Station? What's that? Gas Sta? say, would you bring me a cup of coffee, and a bag of peanuts, if you are going......

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Repulsive person

Pizza sounds good.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Todays base station

It the base is sitting in a piece of channel metal. It's a little awkward to set up, but it has a low chance of theft, and has good sky view, and rad...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 371
Reply
RE: ** ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICS **

@williwaw I bet I could out do you with un popular concepts! 😉 N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Educate me about data collectors

@dewam No, and it's gonna get worse. Way worse. Due to the character of these companies, (Topcon, Trimble, Leica, Javad,) and the fact that they are ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

@bstrand I've done it. I've dreamed of a "centering device" to shoot cl, via ep. (Edge pavement) With my javad, I've put it into "trajectory mode", ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

Unless it's to keep from contempt, by those who come behind you! 😉 ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Educate me about data collectors

Just my thoughts. Many older data collectors are available on eBay. Many will play well with many brands. Newer data collectors WONT play well, with m...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Repulsive person

@ric-moore I'm repulsive offended now. Where are the touchy feely hurt feelings police? 😉 Never mind, I got a cup of coffee. Thanks! N

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: plan folding

Fold them in such a way you can suit significant writing.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

I try to hold tangent curves. I try to hold r/w mons. I try to hold C/L, both paint line, and mid of pavement. Of course, this takes time. I consider...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

If the paint line moves, (gets re painted) does the road move?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

How about shoot the yellow line, and call it good?

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 51
Views: 5317
Reply
RE: National database for survey monuments

Yes, the rebar get all worked up. They get excited over their rebar caps, and flagging...

6 years ago
Page 69 / 527