Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
What country are you in?Here in the states, we have areas of isolation, where you sometimes have to travel a good bit for a demo too. Also, some place...
1.) For the absolute best gps, never go in the woods. Always use static observations. A cluster of 6 units is quite strong.. Move one or 2 at a time. ...
Using a 2-600 dolar transit, (ebay) and 200' tape, field book, nails plumb bobs, flagging, you can set up a complete closed traverse. Sideshots, and a...
Always submit to the needs of the job. Don't force the job to submit to the way you think."One size fits all" Does NOT go with land surveying.
[USER=1455]@KScott[/USER], I object. I mean, it's too early for a pincushion!!!:)N
Suggestion:Set them both up. Swap controllers. I doubt that its in the gps.I think it's a setting in the controller.(which may be sent to the gps, or,...
Robert, I was with you, till you said that last line..... 🙂
Hacksaw, and fresh blades. They are good for cutting up deer. If one becomes available. And, if you have driven a monument hard, and mushroomed the to...
What are "DEM" coords?How were dem coordinates generated?We surveyors are pretty well used to rectangular 3d coords, that are close to our geographica...
Tire flat iron. And a big hammer.It's great for digging out stuff.
[USER=6546]@Coady[/USER]. I busted laughing!
Contribute something..... Even how to beat tdd at setting up a tripod!
Would you post a link to the rotary cutter?I can show you a trick...Use a plumb bob and hatchet.Stick the bob tip on the concrete. Then slide-slam the...
So, you actually want to get a license, and fuss with realtors, landsharks, and broke land owners?
Land surveying. It's like the guy that repairs transmissions.He can remove the transmission, in less than an hr. because he has all the right tools, a...
Vectors: The actual slope straight line dimemsions, between the mathematical center of GPS reciever A, and GPS reciever B.The mathematical center, is ...
Its a long handle axe...