AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Looking for easiest way to measure overhead power line heights

When I get tired of surveying.... [MEDIA=youtube]q5swBWudDUk[/MEDIA]

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Potential pitfalls of scaling cad drawing for client?

Send em a reversed image, with a rubber scale bar across the middle.Nothin personal... Just revenge!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R10 vs Topcon Hiper HR vs Geomax Zenith35 Pro

Lee D, post: 431258, member: 7971 wrote: Are you processing the static against your RTK base or using Javad's PP service? OK, Yes, and Yes. And, Yes ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R10 vs Topcon Hiper HR vs Geomax Zenith35 Pro

Hey, Lee, I turn static on for most shots. So, I get both. At the same time. Static, and RTK. Static is at 1" intervals. And, I use it for beyond radi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for easiest way to measure overhead power line heights

We always just threw a rope over the lines, and pulled them down where we could do it with a box tape. ......Nevermind... I think I just got off the p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R10 vs Topcon Hiper HR vs Geomax Zenith35 Pro

Does the trimble data collector have a mechanism, to:Start an observation.And it automaticly stores the shot, when certian perimeters are met, and sta...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wooden Stakes

TXSurveyor, post: 431043, member: 6719 wrote: I honestly can't fathom any surveyor this day and age not setting something metallic with an identificat...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Which UAV is everyones choice for pairing with PixdD?

No matter what you buy, there will be something better next month. It's a technology that is moving fast. Lot's of folks are working on it. N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wooden Stakes

Pine knot in rock pile.Is not the same as whole subdivisions, staked with 1"x2" pine stakes.IF a monument of substance was set... It was set by client...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wooden Stakes

He was doing 1500 surveys a year setting wood Stakes only. It just left a terrible mess in my neighborhood period and I'm still dealing with it.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wooden Stakes

Sorry guys I just have somebody around here doing that to me

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wooden Stakes

"Real" surveyors set metal rods, and caps. (often with wood stk to help client find them)"Fake" surveyors only set wood stks. This use of non permanen...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wooden Stakes

I used to work in Chicago period we used wooden Stakes for construction staking. We use the oak ones when the ground was real hard. Most of the time w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: R10 under canopy - a quick test

[USER=7070]@StLSurveyor[/USER] If you attend, (any or all the training, or just the Saturday demo) You will find that ALL the Javad folks WANT to see...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: TCR 1205 R300

lsitnj, post: 430728, member: 7876 wrote: conventional total station That is reflectorless. R300, does that mean reflectorless to 300 meters?Actually...

9 years ago
Forum
Page 169 / 527