AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

Yeah, and the whole enchilada too. Would you like Pico and salsa with that? N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: The Dunkeld Ell

How was the ell used? Perhaps the distance between the points of the v's at the ends? This could allow a piece of rope to be wrapped on it. Units, and...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Man Impaled by Tripod

Need more tripod control laws... Prop 65, law.?ÿ Warning: Tripods May cause reproductive harm in CA. ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

I would like a large coffee mug, that says "it's a Javad thing, you wouldn't understand" 😉 N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Washers or "Flashers" for Mag Nails (for control)

Use flagging. Generously. Bury it 2" deep. Place pebbles over it. A flat stone over all. It's the hillbilly way...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin cushion pics needed

Bill, I think some surveyors are deliberately obfuscating their trail.?ÿ I try to leave a real trail, so it is followable. ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

Yer hurtin me. 😉

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

These Javad threads always have a P&R feel. Tribal. Whell, ok, I feel like a kid may have felt, in 1820, who just rode the train to Boston. It be...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

Actually, with a bipod, I do leave the point, go to lunch, and come back, to find a nice cluster of shots! (But you probably meant, taking the LS with...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

Also, "one shot" includes the average of 120 to 700 epochs. Shooting 2x or 3x statisticaly, adds to the precision, mostly.?ÿ ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

Well, "one shot" with Javad, means something more than it does with others. It's the combination of 15 to 30 fixes, and resets, over 3 or more minutes...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Javad convert

Well, Tom, it sort of spells the end of an era. I have fantastic traversing skills. I've run countless miles of tie line. Chopped out many a prelimina...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When does Surveying occur?

@gschrock Yes, indeed you are quite right. I guess I'm talking from my window. That is, what I see. Thanks for your comment. It's time for a Kent McMi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: I need some Pink Flagging...

OK, I'll take a few 5 gallon buckets of flagging... Jus sayin! N

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1033
Reply
RE: When does Surveying occur?

I know folks who have run data collectors, and various survey instruments. They think they are surveying. No... It is a support role, but real surveyi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin cushion pics needed

The one set with a Javad is correct.... (Grin) Nate

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1010
Reply
RE: So close but so far away!

Confessions: 1/16 cor. @ mid pt, between 1/4 cor, and section cor.?ÿ From mid: 3/8" rebar. S30w 0.8' 1/2" pipe, N 60W 2' Fence corner N80E 1.5' (This ...

7 years ago
Page 108 / 527