AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

I'd inform your client of the options and potential consequences associated with each. Then I might suggest you send a letter requesting an explanati...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

NC is a pure race state and understanding the implications is part of a PLS's job. A professional who deals in the creation and recreation of real pr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Orthophotography as a map background

I use NC's orthos and those that I create from my own UAS surveys. I've used NC's LiDAR to search for and find ancient road or cart beds too. NC's o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Applications for GIS in Land Surveying

It's great for setting up and managing data for asset inventory surveys. Additionally, most tax maps are now GIS products. Awhile back, I struck up...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina bill would create a 'Limited' Professional Land Surveyor

It's worse than I thought. Senator McInnis is emotionally charged on this issue. He has done his research and fully understands the details of PLS l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you tell your client?

The only advice that you should give is to have the client speak with their neighbor to have the situation amicably addressed and to speak with an Att...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you tell your client?

Generally, for residential encroachments, I will not share anything with any other parties until the survey is sealed or I have my client's permission...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Approval of Comity Applications

I've found no similarities between states but two months was the longest wait for comments pertaining to my application for licensure by comity. Are ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Survey to 2D printed map

Another option is to send the data to Aerotas and let them do it. It's not expensive as they use your replacement, I mean AI, to do it. You'll likel...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

I'm in no way against carrying a firearm for protection, but I find an extra crew member is more useful as it is a form of deterrent. I like to chat ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Test the new guy?

Everyone gets thrown to the wolves eventually so there's no point in doing it on purpose. Just like your generation was different from your teacher's...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards - Table A

I've had decent luck getting 811 locates by telling them I'm planning on pounding a 24" long piece of rebar in the ground.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Surveyor +

Start calling Carlson/Leica dealers and you might get lucky or find someone in the shop who knows a guy who knows a guy.

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Nosey Neighbor TN Bill requires to notify all adjoiners that you did a survey by certified mail

@aliquot To be clear, I am only talking about retracement surveys and not subdivisions. Mandatory recording provides the impetus for future exploi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: X marks the spot

I've found scribed Xs but won't set them without a witness monument or for a traverse or turning point. I've stopped setting monuments within public ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Historic Surveys, are boundary lines unmovable?

I performed a survey similar to what you've described and ended up deciding that there was no better evidence than the house. I had parol evidence fr...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: California to Carolina - What a HUGE difference in surveying

Just the change from PLSS to Colonial must be a bit overwhelming. I have no experience in the PLSS, but from what little I've learned on this forum y...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nosey Neighbor TN Bill requires to notify all adjoiners that you did a survey by certified mail

This could have been avoided if Tennessee land surveyors didn't have the the self defeating idea that surveys shouldn't be recorded?ÿ?ÿ ?ÿ I think...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Basics, Sheet Sizes & Borders

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ Thanks for sharing the plats.?ÿ I love the narrative, particularly the procedure and monument table.?ÿ I've?ÿ considered providing...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Paper Survey

I can see how this would be difficult if you're not used to dealing with lots that have never been surveyed or monumented.?ÿ How long ago was it logge...

4 years ago
Page 16 / 48