AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mike-berry
mike-berry
@mike-berry
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 6:38 am
Last seen: August 2, 2026 8:41 pm
Topics: 183 / Replies: 1135
Reply
RE: Name the five US States

This is a great honor - here's what I'll name them: Chuck (my dad's nickname) Hank (mom's nickname) Harpo Ellen (a favorite cousin of mine, RIP) Hot...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor introduction in Portland Oregon

@holy-cow - I thought what sheƒ??d a done if it started spinning an angle and nodding the scope while she was talking to it, but I remembered that she...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor introduction in Portland Oregon

@john-putnam?ÿ well, no, of course not, but my daughter doesnƒ??t know that

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 589
Reply
RE: NAD27, is it US survey feet or International feet?

Looks like I broke this thread with the above post, maybe this one with different hyperlinks will fix it??ÿ?ÿ @mightymoe?ÿ This LDP was conceived i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD27, is it US survey feet or International feet?

@mightymoe?ÿ This LDP was conceived in 1988 and realized with the first published data set in 1992. Maybe other LDPs created 30+ years ago used the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD27, is it US survey feet or International feet?

@mightymoe?ÿ Itƒ??s 3,055 sq. miles, but like Mark said itƒ??s false N and E.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD27, is it US survey feet or International feet?

We've seen a couple near FUBARs with US vs. International feet in the horizontal plane. Since the early 1990s a lot of work in this area has been done...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever "abused your plumb bob"?

Even you need to tape measure a short distance from a point and have to "bob up" to get above brush??ÿ Hell, I can't even walk correctly in the field...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1827
Reply
RE: 1927 GLO Field Notes

Alonzo Gesner was a GLO surveyor in these parts. A guy I know who retraced a lot of his work called him Alonzo GUESSER. After figuring out that 1/4 co...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever "abused your plumb bob"?

@thebionicman - I used to horse around and shoot it right at the guts of co-workers and then stop it right before it hit them. I thought it was pretty...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever "abused your plumb bob"?

@dewam?ÿ "Now do you have a good procedure to re-adjust it once you install a new tip?" Yes, I peg it afterwards by pointing it at the center of the...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever "abused your plumb bob"?

As a young chainman I got pretty good quick-drawing my plumb bob and sticking it in trees and utility poles. A fun diversion but also a good way to br...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Reddit is Stupid

That was also posted on a facebook page and a lot of folks expressed the same sentiments as you. All I could think of is "fire the supervisor of that...

5 years ago
Page 6 / 66