Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 2, 2026 8:41 pm
My experience is just based on Oregon laws and court cases so your mileage may differ. If the road was created by the county court, via a statutory ...
My experience is just based on Oregon laws and court cases so your mileage may differ. If the road was created by the county court, via a statutory ro...
I've seen too many cases of a "Proposed" easement, or "Proposed" public R/W, or "Proposed" property line location or "Proposed" road vacation to ever ...
@Norman_Oklahoma Mark - That may have been the same time when Bush Jr. came to Central Oregon to inspect some forest fires. He stayed at the Cross Wat...
Actually, the newfangled technology of EDMs in the 1970s and 1980s resulted in a lot of occurrences of this type of nonsense on surveys in my area. Yo...
Me too! And I had the opportunity and missed out, dammit. In 2015 I went to my 40th high school reunion in Lawton Oklahoma after a 40 year's absence f...
Brian Portwood is a true gentleman and a helluva surveyor.
In the end, the liability comes to me, not them and I stick to my guns. I also refuse to certify to attorneys that have no financial skin in the game...
but we can get sued for anything at all. Even for stuff we do absolutely correct We see eye to eye on that, but why up the odds by caving into the ...
Well, all those cases you gave are people being misled by their ignorance and lack of due diligence...not a bad or erroneous survey. Right. You can...
In reality he was upset that I was doing work in his backyard (CS was also in private practice and was that kind of guy) Ha! Say no more. Wink wink...
In 14 years, my office reviewed and filed over 2600 records of survey. We hardly ever saw any easements shown on them because in Oregon it's not requi...