AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mike-berry
mike-berry
@mike-berry
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 6:38 am
Last seen: August 2, 2026 8:41 pm
Topics: 183 / Replies: 1135
Reply
RE: Boundary survey - how can I find them

@somequestions Lesson learned. I recommend buyers have the seller pay for marking (and walking) the boundaries. To prove up to both parties what is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary survey - how can I find them

I'll repeat the best advice - contact the surveyor who prepared the map and tell them you'd like to hire them to find and flag up the corners. And pos...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How many shacknasty surveyors on this website?

On our way to Upper Klamath Lake today we stopped by old Fort Klamath Oregon to visit the grave of the aforementioned Captain Jack. He and 3 of his wa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How many shacknasty surveyors on this website?

So Mt. Rushmore may not be representative in this regard. Appears not to be, but 8 of 45 men who served a president wereshacknasty, bordering upwar...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How many shacknasty surveyors on this website?

but wish we had a cool slang name like "shacknasty"! I think the opposite of “Shacknasty” would be “Palaceprudish”. Not quite as cool, save for mem...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How many shacknasty surveyors on this website?

and they tried to train me to use my right hand My dad, originally a south paw, started elementary school in 1923 and at that time they beat the le...

3 years ago
Topic
Topic
Reply
RE: Deral "TrimbleMan" Paulk has passed away

I met Deral when he came to one of our conferences in Oregon. Just as pleasant and entertaining in real life as he was on-line. More so, actually. We ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State of the BeerLeg 2023

@michigan-left - totally off topic, but I noticed your icon is a left handed desk! Nice.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying questions for a short story

If the above wouldn't be necessary, what other reason could there be to have a surveyor survey a domain like this? Surveying the boundary could be ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Platted rights of way versus original monuments.

@aliquot?ÿ Exactly. I had sent that for reference to our legal counsel in regards to a dust up over a county road R/W width of 40 vs. 60. The 1920s o...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Platted rights of way versus original monuments.

I'll throw some Brown into the discussion... ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from John Day, Oregon

Welcome to the board Geo.?ÿ Nice country over there in John Day. I worked for an outfit in La Grande back in the day who did a lot of work with a Gra...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Land Surveyor - California

Continually required to sit?ÿ So no treadmill desk or, better yet, a batting cage desk!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite monument

My favorite mythical monument is of course, "where Philo Blake killed the bear." Funny you should mention that... a friend sent me said deed yester...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite monument

I think Legalizations mostly work well in Oregon. And have worked well for a long time. Legalizations have been codified in the general laws of Ore...

4 years ago
Page 4 / 66