Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
@bill93 It's the TV people. Pronouncing Appalachian with a long a, Nor instead of Naw for Norfolk, putting the accent on the last syllable of Mo...
@bill93 Yes, Polaris "orbits" the pole.
Maybe not the right place, but one of my proudest moments involved true north. My daughter was a graduate student at Appalachian State University. She...
@bill93 I got mine when I was a sophomore in high school, 1960 or 1961. Trig functions, integrals and derivatives and normal distribution through mat...
@bill93 Well, you can see that all of the logs have had 10 added to them, remembering the old format that showed negative logs as a positive number m...
@jt50 Why not calculate the distances between your AusPos positions and graph them against the uncertainties? You probably have the means to do that ...
@jt50 When I taught, I looked for teachable moments; now I look for learning moments, and there are several within this thread. Experimenting as you...
Yep, and on a more micro level, a 25 gallon heated fish tank can do wonders for leveling the temperature in a hard-to-heat room.
Not uncommon here in the winter as bad stuff from the west gets uplifted crossing the mountains (hills to Rockies residents) and then turns north betw...
From the Report of the Topographical Survey of Baltimore, 1894 ?ÿ
@dave-lindell Yes, but it's not a state plane distance. Mark to mark is xyz while state plane is xy, with very different coordinates derived in very d...