Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Well, 1 and 4 can't fill because their inlets are blocked. Folks who answered either of those should never work on sewer projects.
This site says it pretty well in general. It would certainly be a good guide for teachers; perhaps for surveyors, too ?ÿ
@bill93 The sun also has gas.
@bill93 That's good info. Our house faces North-South and in the summer, the sun setting in the Northwest can really heat up our living room. It's a ...
The dependable east-west reckoner is Orion, or more specifically. Mintaka, the western-most star in his belt. It always rises due east and sets due we...
Papa Joe Chevalier called the corporate guys "The Chiselers."?ÿ
@notsomuch I thought somebody else might want to meet that challenge and take the old TI off your hands. When I started teaching in 2001, I had my f...
Yes, and that's comparing a NAD 27 position directly to a NAD 83 position; different ellipsoids and other differences. If we use NCAT to convert the D...
Well, you've already found it,but I'll share this .prj anyway. It's the Progressive Map Polyconic projection on the Clarke 1866 ellipsoid with varas a...
So the coordinates for 121 and 122 are in varas. That makes a big difference.
Well, that's pretty dumb. I reversed the order of the xy plane coordinates for points 122 and 121. Here's the corrected output from DNR GPS: ?ÿ ty...
You probably have some software that can use .prj files to convert or map. Here's one that I cobbled together that seems to get within a yard or two o...
Looking at the calculations, the roof drainage is about the same, but Lot 2 is about an acre while Lot 1 is about an acre and three-quarters.
That's a really neat project. Those old coordinate systems were sometimes very good and sometimes not so good. This one is a polyconic projection desi...