AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: For those who made it through Algebra: The next step

@bill93?ÿ 9 : 30 : 19.047 AM using US Survey Feet. What HC said about the fruit, but the Fruit of the Looms were probably no longer usable.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For those who made it through Algebra: The next step

@richard-imrie?ÿ Over here, they fuel subtraction, from one's wealth.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For those who made it through Algebra: The next step

Occasionally. A lot of Gardner's puzzles were too hard for me to solve in a few minutes, but they did make me think in different ways. A lot of them w...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: The Shortest day

I've noticed that I have developed a bit of the Sanford Wobble when I walk. Fred Sanford, that is.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For those who made it through Algebra: The next step

Critical thinking exercise: If I have 5 doughnuts on a plate and eat two of them, how many doughnuts do I have??ÿ If you said 3, you're just applying...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New Survey Rule

@aliquot?ÿ It's the American way. When I was in college, I could legally drink beer, but I couldn't legally vote. Today, college kids can legally vot...

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 7
Views: 1193
Reply
RE: Instrument Accuracy Research Paper

@eagle1215?ÿ Be careful with the assumptions about his checking your sources. There is software that does that and checks for plagiarism and it's fas...

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 23
Views: 2183
Reply
RE: Crossing 7's and Z's

I cross z but not 7. Most of my students crossed 7 but not z.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hancock calibrated baseline

In my early days of messing around with map projections, I would build LDPs for CBLs. Then I could compare calculated distances using LDP coordinates ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hancock calibrated baseline

Really nice. Here's how they look on NGS Data Explorer.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tacheometry for a Beginner

My thought was to use the data sheets to calculate horizontal distance and height delta. Then observe and calulate and compare the two. Here's the da...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tacheometry for a Beginner

There are two NGS control points near you that are intervisible and something more than 600 feet apart. They are AA6166 and AA6198. You can see their ...

4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Reply
RE: Horizontal flat projection distance vs true slope distance

@timd1971?ÿ Uh, Google Earth is a flat map. Scroll down to Formulas here before you read the rest. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Page 27 / 114