AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@norm I think that SPC with combined factor adjustment will slightly outperform an LDP with no adjustment. Typically, an LDP scale factor is derive...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@michigan-left Thank you! I failed to apply the t - T correction and that is the difference between my adjusted grid azimuth and the geodetic azimut...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@norm I believe that Star*Net can do exactly that.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

Well, the grid distance using NCSPCS is 4,739.896 feet, so there is a huge distortion. But when I divide that by the average combined factor, 1.020651...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@mightymoe The convergence angle at Runway 05 is -19 02 42.516. The grid azimuth is 85.28132189 degrees, so the geodetic azimuth is 66.23617856 degr...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

When I hear complaints about the inaccuracy of State Plane calculations, I usually formulate an outrageous example to answer them. Today's outrageous...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@norm I thought about ground but then decided to restrict the discussion to pure mathematical surfaces. The Elevation Factor is a ratio, but its den...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@norm On the problem of getting from the globe to the grid, please consider the attached ppt and let me know what you think. Same for anyone else.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@olemanriver Yes, I have that one and it clearly shows Oscar Adams' ultimate goal. Dr. Adams, though, was a mathematician and an educator. A great m...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

@rover83 The note at the bottom of your picture is interesting: That makes sense, given that the instrument can only measure actual slope distance...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane coordinate problems

3. Is there ever confusion about what the surveying instrument is reporting? For example, are measured distances grid or ground, or are GPS coordinate...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 559
Topic
Replies: 262
Views: 11725
Reply
RE: Decimal minutes

The scary part is that decimal minutes is common in recreational GPS.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate System

Yes. The 21T designation is a key that something is amiss. Actually, his point is in UTM zone 22N. It is likely that his software does not have these ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Email is worthless

Many years ago I had a similar problem with Alltel. I called the number and was told to send a copy of the cancelled checi. I said that I make a $50 c...

4 years ago
Page 22 / 114