AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Within 1000 GPS points

Curiosity would lead me to send a Freedom of Information Act request to the PVA asking for all correspondence, permits, telephone contacts, and any ot...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: SIT/FS...Here we go again

Read the questions, determine the answers, record them, sign out and go home.

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 409
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1219
Reply
RE: Was asked for advice on this one, see what you thinkƒ??

File trespassing charges against the renter. Offer to drop the charges in exchange for title to the land and remuneration for the timber.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

@bill93 Indeed, but note that the wording in the problem can be changed so that any of the answer choices is correct. That's one way that test maker...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

Dyslexia is a tough problem to overcome. I admire you for your success. As a younger test taker, I did everything from the ground up. Read the proble...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

@olemanriver Just like the real world. Lots of info available, little of it useful. Part of critical thinking is separating what you need from what...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Explaining datum to a search team

I don't know how I would explain datum to the rescue folks. Probably something like: As measurements of the earth improve, our knowledge of actual loc...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

@bill93 Interesting. I've written my share of test problems and argued about the wording on many more from standardized tests. Before I argued I alw...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

To jog those old memories, follow the link. Back up to p. 133 to get the full picture:

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

@mightymoe Indeed. Surveyor education faces the same challenges in our rapidly expanding technological world as other fields. Consider, for example,...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

@mightymoe Yes, but the technology eliminates items 1) and 2) from what's needed to solve Problem 7. An apprentice learns only how to use GPS to fin...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

I think that this is an excellent problem from several perspectives. 1) The student has to know whether the test point is above or below the roadbed....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Entry Level Book Recommendation

I would start by getting a copy of the FS Practice Exam from NCEES. Fundamentals of Surveying Practice Exam · Exam Prep · MyNCEES Account which you...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: California to Carolina - What a HUGE difference in surveying

For a real challenge, find the NC-SC state line near Carowinds. Then identify all of the Catawba Indian land in the area.

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 661
Page 23 / 114