AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: LDP vs Ground Coordinates Challenge

I think that they divide the State Plane coordinate by the combined factor, but your point is well-made. The process must work, else there would be lo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP vs Ground Coordinates Challenge

Same here, but it must work. They sure keep building roads!

12 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP vs Ground Coordinates Challenge

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't the discrepancy between what surveyors in the field see and the scaled distances that they collect the primary r...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP vs Ground Coordinates Challenge

Can't disagree with that. In Dr, Ghilan's September 2013 article, achieved 1:9,400 precision using raw measurements and 1:36,000 using fully-adjusted ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP vs Ground Coordinates Challenge

I hear you. If the earth's surface would only comply, calculations and measurements would always agree perfectly. That not being the case, we have to ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP vs Ground Coordinates Challenge

The data does seem a bit sloppy. I first looked at this example in detail last July. I had trouble deciphering the notes and finally calculated the az...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 1563
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2014 Export to Google Earth

Here's a link to the Google Earth help page on coordinate systems.Hope it helps.

12 years ago
Page 109 / 114