AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Which came first

Many of my colleagues gave me strange looks when I would say that the further modern families get from farms and farming, the harder it becomes for ch...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Which came first

Holy Cow, post: 345212, member: 50 wrote: Practical application is what so many teachers leave out of their presentations. Probably because the path ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Velocity in Rubber Boots per Second

Sun is poking out now. We had 1.49 inches at the airport in Greensboro from about 11pm last night to about noon today. Ditches are full, ground is mud...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Which came first

Although I'm not a surveyor and am now retired as a math teacher, I can't help but post something here, especially after Dave's comment above.Truth is...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Velocity in Rubber Boots per Second

We get what's left of it Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Our forecast is for an inch and a half over ten to twelve hours.Sounds like you're gett...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 941
Reply
RE: BIBB COUNTY v. MONROE COUNTY Can't we all just get along

Warren Smith, post: 342897, member: 9900 wrote: I think this is a County line, the retracement of which is governed by State Statute. The Georgia Sec...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: BIBB COUNTY v. MONROE COUNTY Can't we all just get along

What gets me about the NC- SC realignment is that Google Earth clearly shows where the line is and that the aforementioned convenience store is firmly...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: BIBB COUNTY v. MONROE COUNTY Can't we all just get along

We had a similar dispute in NC between Guilford County and Alamance County. The state surveyor redid the line and some historically Alamance residents...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Real estate agent

I'm far from being an expert, but I believe that, in most jurisdictions, the real estate agent represents the seller and has minimal, if any, responsi...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 457
Reply
RE: Leica viva NMEA output: $GNGGA vs. $GPGGA?

Sometimes a note from one manufacturer will help with another. Maybe this one will be more helpful.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica viva NMEA output: $GNGGA vs. $GPGGA?

This link addresses the problem for Hemisphere. Near the bottom of the page is an additional information section. Click on the JNMEAGGAALLGNSS link in...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Handheld GPS that I can load backgrounds into

Explore this site. I've never used DeLorme products, but they seem to be interested in finding uses beyond travel and recreation for inexpensive GPS r...

11 years ago
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: Wonderful site for Illinois

When I first read the heading for this thread, I thought that Holy Cow was proposing to move Illinois to another location. Question after question pop...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, you have three minutes only...

squowse, post: 333115, member: 7109 wrote: by algebra i get a=0.509 and r=0.287 on first attempt. I haven;t checked it though, just 3 mins. didn;t rea...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, you have three minutes only...

That's what I got. An "exact answer" for r is r = sqrt(2)/(1 + sqrt(2pi) + sqrt(2)). Bill probably has a simpler expression, but I've always done thin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, you have three minutes only...

I got Bill93's answer with a quadratic equation. a = 0.5562092371, r = 0.3138074579. For those who hate lots of decimal places, remember that it's imp...

11 years ago
Page 101 / 114