Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
I have used all of this equipment (and still have all of it except the chain thermometer). With the addition of a good theodolite and tripod, one coul...
Back in the early 70s we (USFS) had a several DKM 2s, a DKM 1, but only a few Kern tripods (both wood/aluminum & all aluminum). The Kern instrumen...
@nate-the-surveyor "Would you like a 1963 bug to go with that?!" Hell yeah! Who wouldn't? The Bugs of the 1960s changed the automotive world more t...
4-wheel drive, chains, winch, etc. can get you OUT of a lot of trouble, BUT nowhere near as much trouble as they can get you INTO! 🙂 Loyal
I love it! We don't have parking meters where I live, and all of the retail business's around here still accept CASH, although MOST of them will accep...
Well at least we're not agonizing over the infamous 4 hundredths (0.04 ft.) this time around.?ÿ?ÿ 🙂
It's somewhat comforting to know that Dufus & Goofus are alive and well, and continuing their quest to spread their wisdom around the county. 🙂
No, far from it!
The obvious answer is:
I see this kind of stuff much more often than one would expect. Signed/Certified "Coordinate Listings" BOLDLY stating that the Coordinates are "NAD83 ...
@flga-pls-2-2 WOW! A time lapse on the Great Pyramids would be cool too. Of course Youtube has many guesses, but the original film appears to be los...
"Who would have that kind of time on their hands?" I know a guy! 🙂
Or put her in the truck and take her to Nate! 🙂
CEUs run me over $1000 dollars a year. One day to get there, couple/three days there, One day to get back. 800 to 1000 miles round trip, convention fe...