AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: BLM websites down?

The Nevada, Utah and Wyoming BLM sites look fine!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: C?¬ Stone

@holy-cow Something like that (long story). He came up to visit this summer with his girl friend, I hadn't seen him in several years (he moved about 4...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: C?¬ Stone

County Line Stone: Set in August of 1892 by A.J. Stookey (Tooele County Surveyor) and N.P. Anderson (Box Elder County Surveyor). Matt Clark (then D...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: C?¬ Stone

Nope! The picture is the TOP of the stone (about 10"x16" or so), we didn't dig it up, but it appeared to be pretty deep and very solid. Not a GLO mon...

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 691
Reply
RE: Why?

@mightymoe When you are 60 miles of Jeep Trail from the nearest pavement, ya don't have many choices. It beats sleeping under the truck when it rains ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why?

@mightymoe I've been through Alamo a few times, but don't recall ever stopping there. Now Goldfield, Midas, Rosebud, and such are a different story!?ÿ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why?

@mightymoe I hear ya buddy. Long nights in tents, Ranger Stations, and motels with a set of Trig tables and (sometimes) a Curta. Reams of scratch pap...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why?

Right on! Every time I see someone using the term "the grid" (as if there is only ONE), I want to slap'em up side the head (not really, but sorta). ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why?

Or 2-3 feet per mile (or more).

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why?

Out here in the Mountain West, the vast majority of (but not all)?ÿ Deeds, Descriptions, Patents, etc. are based on "True Bearings & True (ground)...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Wood Post Monument recovery

@protracted?ÿ The recovery of ancient (in relative terms) evidence of Wood Post Monuments requires not only careful excavation and analysis, but also...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Wood Post Monument recovery

@gene-kooper I agree! This page has been around awhile, but has been expanded recently. In any case, I do find it interesting and "somewhat" informati...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 1287
Reply
RE: Long Backsight or long resection

Are we talking about a "wiggle-in" here? (or something similar)

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Faster than the speed of light.....

"He could turn of the lights, and get under the covers before the room got dark!"

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

@geo-u-young Go for it! I'm finishing up a 54 Mineral Survey retracement in which 34 of them were done during the Binger Period.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: 10' 1" Under Sidewalk

@david-kendall?ÿ

5 years ago
Page 11 / 187