AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Lookinatchya
Lookinatchya
@lookinatchya
Free
Joined: September 25, 2013 2:33 pm
Topics: 29 / Replies: 104
Reply
RE: Work Jacket

This old Carhart is probably around 25 years old. Made in USA. They actually came in sizes back then like 42 Reg, 44 Long, etc. Now they are made in C...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pet Peeves- American "English"

Here's my list: Like I know, right? I'll reach out to them At the end of the day It is what it is Double down ?ÿ ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

@bill93 Boundary survey ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

@bill93 Boundary survey ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

I agree with talking to the neighbors about any knowledge they may have of unrecorded surveys and such. On bigger jobs, I actually send out a letter t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How old were you when you started your own surveying company?

I was 39. Had 14 years experience. However I never set out to run my own company. I started my career in a large highly developing urban area. Moved u...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What happens to old surveyors?

Great story Paden! I have an old retired surveyor friend who sends me a lot of his old clients. His health isn't to good but his mind is sharp as a ta...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 39
Views: 1250
Reply
RE: Surveying without a license

Sounds like a Jeff Lucas article!

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 1237
Reply
RE: TDS Survey pro change of Base

I use a SP Ranger & Survey Pro with a VRS network. It will change base stations sometimes when on a large site. Guessing it grabs the base that is...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

I remember when we first started using a data collector and doing things radially. Would still lay out a baseline and take shots right and left of the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Business??

@andy-j Yes, it is very difficult to delegate responsibilities to others after running everything my self for 25 years. 38 years total in the game. I...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Business??

@andy-j Naa. I'm ready to do like Bruce. I'm at the point where I could probably retire, but feel I want to stay in the game some what. Would like a ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Business??

@bruce-small I'm tempted to try it. Overhead is killing me! ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Business??

@bruce-small Do you operate solo?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Business??

I have toyed with the idea of solo / semi-retirement. I'm a little further down the road. 63 years old. Small shop (3 employees) everything is paid fo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: But I have a "Plaque".

I seem to be getting more and more calls these days. "I don't need a survey, just find my pins. I just need one line surveyed, I have a copy of my dee...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate Question

Thanks for all the comments. I completed the EC noting?ÿ pre-construction where ever possible. Provided the elevation at the proposed building site fo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate Question

@thebionicman OK, how does a pre-construction elevation certificate work?

7 years ago
Page 1 / 7