AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Topo Maps with no BM and No Baseline for Design

Posted by: WA-ID Surveyor ?ÿ You need to start with the Engineer or Architect that prepared the plans not the surveyor that prepared the topographic s...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Maps with no BM and No Baseline for Design

AlphaSurv, You have described the exact situation. SO what is the solution? Just bastardizing the survey and ignore it until the 11th hour, certainly ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Maps with no BM and No Baseline for Design

STSurveyor, ?ÿ Yes, I often will use manhole covers, catch basins, first floors, along with ties to existing curb or pavement for verifications. But r...

9 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Geotag photos. Help!

With Pix4d, this can be done easier. Just create a CSV file of the correct coordinates. It is common method of processing PPK for drones. There's like...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Radio communications Jammed?

What type of radios? UHF or Cellular? Is this near a radio tower or army base? ?ÿ If you're using UHF you should have a scanner to check frequency.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field - Can I Input Co-ordinates?

I have clients using the same instrument with zero issues. Dealer should be proactive and notify them when a firmware is available. Actually the instr...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field - Can I Input Co-ordinates?

Most of the problems Gregg and others have are actually centered around the Topcon dealer. They just don't know how to address the issues, or don't wa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SP80 SurvCE base & rover configuring/settings?

I don't let my Base die, so not sure. But if Carlson rep was correct, that Topcon can't remember the base coordinate after dead battery, then I would ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Cadastral Boundary, Feature & Level Survey under a bunch of High Voltage Power Lines

I have worked under high voltage lines and inside sub stations with RTK and Total Station ?ÿBe sure to use carbon fiber, not aluminum poles or legs.?ÿ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SP80 SurvCE base & rover configuring/settings?

I don't use SurvCE but what fct487 explained above just doesn't sound correct. I use Hiper V base with Magnet. If I change a battery at base, the base...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field - Can I Input Co-ordinates?

Gregg, I have one client using a GT for past year with no issues. It is a fast instrument. There was a firmware updated in Nov 2017 for the GT.?ÿ Did ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Level Run

You can remeasure. Just enter the same point Id. After measurement you'll be prompted to over write, update or rename the point. ?ÿHave a trick to sho...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Level Run

If you're asking this question now, it's likely to late. Just like a traditional field book. No erase. Simply cross it out, and ignore. Remeasure and ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How Many GNSS Satellites Do You Receive?

I have the advantage of working in open sky with construction work. In Duane's situation, SV's just don't like those large Adirondack White Pine Trees...

9 years ago
Page 51 / 110