Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Some?ÿsurveyors in NY have an AAS degree?ÿin Surveying Technology from Paul Smith's College. Currently, Paul Smith's College has only a two-year AAS A...
That's is my experience?ÿalso. Paiva focused a lot?ÿon ROW and Canals, with very little on Ethics. The exam appeared to be the exact opposite. But tha...
What is the required accuracy? This maybe done with a consumer grade GPS if only need 30ft accuracy.
Cheapest way would be to higher a contractor with machine guidance already on his excavator. Send him your coordinates in SPC, and away he goes......
After all that there is a very steep learning curve. In the end you are still drawing CAD line vectors from the point cloud. I have seen las files up ...
No way to convert LAS to DWG. You can open the LAS point cloud in most 3d cad applications. It takes a lot of hardware. The point cloud can be literal...
Yes, It is unlike any exam you have ever taken. Open book, but you'd never be able to bring enough books. Blacks law is most useful. The time limit is...
I never use RTN in adverse conditions (multipath). When I do use the RTN it is for only a single point on any given project, my BASE point.
I don't understand the OP's question. If he is familiar?ÿ with RTK GPS, be it RTN or Base/Rover, it doesn't matter on a single project so long as he u...
My experience in upstate NY the amount error can often to point the problem.?ÿ I follow a lot of surveyors control when I set up projects for machine ...
Duane is using a Javad LS. They are said to not give a bad fix. Didn't Mr. Javad have a $10,000 reward for anyone that could prove a bad fix with the ...
Congrats!?ÿ My renewal exam is in March. I will be attending?ÿthe New York UAS Symposium?ÿnext week.
That shouldn't be a question! How did you learn to use GPS, do far?
Bluetooth can be extended at best a 1000ft. That's should be enough to get from your roof to an office PC. Then use wifi to tunnel in from your Tablet...
Setup a remote desktop, such as GoToAssist, GoToMeeting, TeamViewer,?ÿJoinMe, at the office and connect remotely with a laptop vial cell modem. It wor...
I see many descriptions like this in northern?ÿNY, a colonel state like Maine. The point of beginning?ÿis clear and should be easy to define. The 728'...
Just set up permission to connect to network. Share a folder on your desktop PC. Then map a drive letter to the shared network folder. This works best...
I charge the same if not more than a conventional topo.?ÿ There is added value in the high-resolution ortho-photo and the point cloud.?ÿ You need to e...
Suggest getting a handheld scanner and check your frequency prior to setting base.