AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Topcon MAGNET Field - Import Drawing File

If the PDF is vectors, then Magnet will import the PDF and convert it to CAD lines. For raster PDF you I import the PDF into Microstation align it wit...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field questions

1) Exchange >To File 2) Not possible in current version 7.3.1. However this exact question was asked a month ago and someone from Topcon piped in...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

No such device exists, only in your dreams. Contract with a surveyor that has the correct equipment and experience. GNSS recivers to establish a Geod...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: M3E RTK - Base Station?

Topcon Hiper HR has wifi and NTRIP caster that works with DJI M3E.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Mavic 3E - Terrain Following

Sounds like it is working. You just need to increase your max height above take-off to accommodate for the terrain-follow.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TopCon Software License

MagnetFeild is suggested if you are a professional surveyor needing advanced tools with sufficient raw data for litigation. Suitable for boundary, to...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: PIN required for bluetooth on Topcon Hiper VR

@leegreen so to remove the pin I would need to do the same thing? Go into TRU? Thats correct. Like I said you most likely don't have a PIN assig...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: PIN required for bluetooth on Topcon Hiper VR

Yes, some apps and OS require an authentication code. By default Topcon ships with no code. However you can assign a code manually using TRU.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Smartphone used as RTK rover?

This plan view is generated from the cell phone point cloud using SCENE. It's like a modern-day field sketch of the house that is drawn to scale.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Smartphone used as RTK rover?

I've been using Pix4dCatch (free) with only my Android cell phone to fill in gaps around the house that my drone can't see. I then take the point clou...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field - mmGPS Setup vs. Pocket3d - mmGPS Setup

Are you using the quick connect adapter on the bottom of the GR5? Have you tried the mm setup with Magnet, then send it to Pocket3D?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field - mmGPS Setup vs. Pocket3d - mmGPS Setup

Are you using the same mmGPS control file (*.gc) exported from Pocket3d, then imported into Magnet? What version of Magnet Field? What model GNSS r...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Deral "TrimbleMan" Paulk has passed away

For those that didn't know him. Trimbleman transitioned to Topcon. We spoke a few times on the phone RIP. Probably 20 years ago. This board, I mean pr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How are you using the meshes you create?

I haven't found any usefulness in creating a mesh, otherthan visual or 3d printing. The problem with mesh is you need a complete point cloud, else you...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 734
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1385
Reply
RE: GNSS Data Collector

Brothers and sisters I need help. I own a TopCon HiPer V base and rover GPS unit. Recently my FC-5000 data collector went down. I sent it in for re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Some surveyors should stay away from Construction work

Some surveyors think anchor bolt asbuilt means showing a dimension to every bolt, wrong. These bolts are seldom plumb at the time of survey, and contr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Some surveyors should stay away from Construction work

We have another project in the queue next week of an as-built building with no steel, all concrete piers. We are coming in third party again. We are t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Some surveyors should stay away from Construction work

I would be curious as to why they did it in state plane; I thought the same. We have to refrain from using the word grid, because they get confused...

3 years ago
Page 2 / 110