AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
land_odse
land_odse
@land_odse
Free
Joined: December 4, 2023 10:38 pm
Last seen: April 30, 2025 9:35 pm
Topics: 3 / Replies: 25
Reply
RE: Understanding the PPP output report

@jacob-wall My respects. You have outlined the subject thoroughly it was an engaging read. Even after 15 years, I still from time to time employ stati...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Understanding the PPP output report

@islandoffset GPS for Land Surveyors, 4,5th Edition I've already posted on the forum, added new: GPS SPS Performance Standard (5th Edition, April 2...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: UAV - PPK / RTK Comparisons

@jacob-wall GNSS coordinates are usually calculated for the antenna’s phase center (APC), which may not coincide with the physical location of the GP...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: UAV - PPK / RTK Comparisons

PPK mode is highly advantageous in areas with poor mobile communication signal coverage. You can deploy a DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station on-site.Determine...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: UAV - PPK / RTK Comparisons

You’ve raised a very interesting topic. Let’s try to break it down step by step. So, you have a DJI Matrice 4E, and I’ve confirmed that it does suppor...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Rounding....what say you?

In geodesy, Gaussian rounding is often used When dealing with numbers that have 3 decimal places, it works like this: 1) If the third decimal ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS for Land Surveyors, 5th Edition

@bstrand Anytime! 😊 In my personal digital library, I have around 70-80 books on geodesy and photogrammetry, including nearly all editions of ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS for Land Surveyors, 5th Edition

If there’s an opportunity to buy these books, get them.For those who don’t have such an opportunity, I’m attaching links to both books (download them)...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

@bruce-small Respect to the legends out there. Back when I was a 25-year-old greenhorn tech in our Geodetic Survey and Cartography Division (public s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@wa-id-surveyor Thank you for joining the conversation. Apparently, there was a misunderstanding—the point I was addressing was somewhat different. Br...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@murphy Quote: “There are likely a few large engineering/surveying firms that have customized the process of automating planimetric extraction of UAS ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@murphy Nice to meet you 🙂 So, I'm one of those engineers who, among other things, has worked on your projects

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@lurker What exactly are you not familiar with? All the information I’ve written here is available online—it’s in the public domain. Just type "Aerota...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

First and foremost, I want to express my deepest gratitude for sharing relevant information. I am thoroughly familiar with the workflow (algorithm) of...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@wa-id-surveyor I appreciate your position; thank you for your response. However, I disagree with the pricing. I asked the same question in a speciali...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@norman-oklahoma A couple of examples of projects

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost Estimation for UAV Aerial Imagery Decoding

@norman-oklahoma Are we definitely talking about the same thing? For a 10-acre site, the client is supposed to pay $7,500 (as per "basemapconsulting"...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS Recommendations

I worked for 6 years at the "Cadastral Center" in Israel (not in the USA). Our standards (legal and regulatory frameworks) are very similar to those o...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Disagreements when applying Google Street View to decode aerial data

I have some experience of working in different coordinate systems, including the British (or Imperial) System of measurement; of course, I may not kno...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 2