AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
kirk2814
kirk2814
@kirk2814
Free
Joined: August 3, 2022 10:57 am
Last seen: April 9, 2026 12:22 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 12
Reply
RE: American made drones?

I don't have any personal experience, but I have looked around a bit. The pickings are slim for survey-grade drones and the price will be quite highe...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Interference from airport

I would also consider the solar activity as an issue. We usually use CORS but this year we've been using more and more base/rover setups to mitigate ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What UAV would you buy today?

I would also recommend the Matrice 350 and the Zenmuse L2 lidar payload - quite nice.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What UAV would you buy today?

The 'ban' on DJI drones, or the Countering CCP Drones Act, was included within the National Defense Authorization Act and passed thru the House. Howe...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Stonex S900 GNSS Base & Rover Kits

I've read and also seen in the release notes for SurvPC/CE that the S900 is only supported outside of North America.

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Stonex S900 GNSS Base & Rover Kits

I didn't think Carlson SurvCE/PC would work with the Stonex S900s in North America?

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Increased solar activity

Thanks Gary! Do one of the types of event (geomagnetic storms, radiation solar storms or radio blackouts) affect GNSS more than the others? Looking at...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 789
Reply
RE: Point Cloud online classes/training?

@hayedid Thanks for that info. I'm hoping to find something more than tutorial videos, especially for software that I'm not using, if you know of any ...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 724
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 927
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1023
Reply
RE: BrX7/SurvPC 6.15 false position issue - Please Read

@toeknee I'm glad users are finally being notified!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: BrX7/SurvPC 6.15 false position issue - Please Read

UPDATE: Hi again everyone. Apparently Carlson released a version 6.16 of SurvPC/CE on August 1st that fixed the Mattoon, however they did not inform...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: BrX7/SurvPC 6.15 false position issue - Please Read

@brad-ott You're welcome - figured everyone else should be aware - we've been deep diving all the work we did since SurvPC 6.15 to see if we need to r...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: BrX7/SurvPC 6.15 false position issue - Please Read

@lurker In that particular instance, our crew member was under thick canopy when he turned the tilt feature off and the sensor (because it's based on ...

4 years ago
Topic