AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
kevinfoshee
kevinfoshee
@kevinfoshee
Free
Joined: January 9, 2014 10:39 am
Topics: 20 / Replies: 127
Reply
RE: Second round of discussion (about me buying a robotic total station, UK)

It's been a while since I read you other post; so forgive me if this has already been discussed. I locate most of the improvements on my surveys with ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Older Total Station with Newer Data Collector

New data collector and old instrument should work. I have a spectra precision nomad that I purchased new in 2013. I have used it with various older gu...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice please

Pricing jobs is one of the toughest things I do. We're not supposed to ask what other surveyors charge (our board is serious about price fixing-for su...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment

My comments about sighting the center of the pole are irrelevant since he was using a robot. I would bet money on his level bubble being out of adjust...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment

aliquot, I think you have confused me for the original poster.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment

And just for the sake of covering all the bases: You did convert your GPS control points from Grid coordinates to Ground coordinates. Right?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Adjustment

"It also looks from the pictures that a 360 prism on a pole may have been used for the traverse. From reading other posts here it seems that traversin...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Total station data error in topcon.

So are you importing the .tsj file from the Total Station into Toplink? If so, you should be able to export a .csv file from Toplink. I haven't used a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro/RTKLib for NRTK?

We already had the network set-up and running on our regular data collector w/surveypro. I just set it up exactly the same in the spare data collector...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro/RTKLib for NRTK?

I have an extra data collector with Survey Pro Demo on it. I have used it as a network rover. We have a permanent base set-up at the office and use sn...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Actual Degree in Surveying

BS in Construction Engineering & Technology from Louisiana Tech, class of '87. My dad was a licensed surveyor as well. His degree...Philosophy!?!?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS afternoon quality.

Yesterday I got a fix in the woods on a forty corner at about 2:00pm. by 2:30 I'd taken about 6 fixed shots. Only 2 of them were within 0.1' of each o...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Metal Detector Advice

I've used Schonstedt, Sub-surface, and CST metal detectors. I prefer sub-surface. They work just as well as (or better than) Schonstedt, but have bett...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Is anyone using SNIP as NTRIP caster?

Hey Mark, I'll try to IM you tomorrow when I get back to the office. We haven't bought a base. We've just been using an old Topcon Legacy E. We were h...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 3512
Reply
RE: PPK with Survey Pro

OK. I guess I need a lesson on PPK with SurveyPro. I usually just take a 20+ minute shot with the Rover as a check. I then process that file and my ba...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: STATIC vs RTK [Point Occupy Time]

"Why cant you solve the baseline with 5 secs in the same way, but with post processing." That's what RTK does...It just solved your baseline on the 5 ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: So, you are gonna pincushion it...

Do you want to be known as "a part of the solution" or "a part of the problem"? I'm working on a survey now where everyone has been holding the fencel...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you know if a monument is in it's "original, undisturbed" location?

"More precise, OK. Less prone to errors, hmmmm, maybe not so much." In the "old" days, I was bad to reverse numbers when writing them down. I've never...

9 years ago
Page 2 / 8