AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Wrasslin' with Pigs

Awesome. Congratulations to your daughter. Unfortunately, when a woman goes to a car dealership, the wolves seem to think they are going to get an ea...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Any one read this article on Lidar vs traditional Topo

I guess it would depend on the terrain around the dike. Looking at the LiDAR DEM photo that accompanies the article, I see some spots to the top left...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I need some serious advice...PLEASE

James Fleming, post: 324526, member: 136 wrote: The atmosphere. I like working around people and I like working with other surveyors and having peo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Requirements

JoshWhen I drove by and saw those being assembled the other day, I wondered why they aren't doing that work in the staging area.My guess is the cranes...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The Acres more or less

In the one county I do 99% of my work in: If the description is from the late 1800s to early 1900s I see similar to the range noted by DavidALee - +/...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Big money in Colorado ?

> they go mow em down at 100 or 150 a pop. Often off of a single setup.Okay. Maybe there would be money to be made in a timely manner with the sc...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Big money in Colorado ?

> my wife is a closer at a title company and sees them all the time. all for $275+tax.So if the bill on the closing statement is $275, then the con...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 973
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

rambleonThere must be a pig with wings somewhere.That person called me back and asked that I proceed. She even (you guys might want to have a seat be...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Reciprocal Leveling

> I actually shut the existing bridge down at 15 minute intervals and ran 3 wire one way between existing control monuments. The bridge is about 4,...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS demo

Maybe a quick workflow example that could be easily applied to many surveyor's practice.Pull in aerial data, quad sheet, contour line work from state ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2014 Export to Google Earth

Not long ago, there was a very long (but beneficial) post about "modified state plane coordinates". It has some excellent information about the DOT p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collectors - Tablet vs Keypad

Went to a Topcon Tesla about a year ago. It took almost no time to get used to the virtual keyboard. My personal opinion - there is no great benefit...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2014 Export to Google Earth

> this is why you do not "Scale" grid coordinates to ground.Exactly.From StLSurveyor's Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 17:49 post, he states that "Wh...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is this quote from?

Thanks. Cool story to go along with the book.Sounds like an interesting read, I might have to check it out.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2014 Export to Google Earth

> ... and brought up to the ground.Seems like a silly question, but How?The reason I ask:I have an OPUS solution for a point. On Zone 1602 (KY Sou...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is this quote from?

I like that quote a great deal except for one small section -"If your client doesn’t object, call in the adjoining landowners and let them see your ev...

12 years ago
Topic
12 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 530
Page 45 / 82