AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 706
Reply
RE: Is there or is there not a road?

Very true.?ÿ And sometimes very confusing as there can often be seemingly contradictory statements in various places of statute, ordinance, or policy....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Written Procedure Policies

I like that statement.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

Standards are not the same thing as a Code of Conduct.?ÿ Those two are usually separate items within the regulations or statutes.?ÿ So using that as t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

A formalized Code of Conduct written into state statute or regulation is pretty much the core of professional ethics.?ÿ So why wouldn't someone look t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: My purgatory....

From posts on this board, I'm glad I got out of staking anything way back when I did.?ÿ It used to be you had a nice set of plans with all the data ne...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

This is so true.?ÿ I had my own set of preconceived ideas concerning ethics and application within our states Code of Conduct prior to a couple of pre...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

Several states (perhaps all) have some form of formalized Code of Conduct for the profession.?ÿ In many, a conflict of interest is defined as a case i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: between parcel lines

At least with an 18-foot wide parcel line, you don't have to worry about where to put the punch mark.?ÿ You should be somewhere within that line!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Monitoring Procedures - Am I Crazy/Wrong?

My only serious monitoring experience was leveling only.?ÿ So, I would be well outside of the cool kids club. It sounds like a strange procedure to m...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothetically speaking

That sounds an awful lot like your friend has surveyed the property and shown their client where to clear to begin the building process and now their ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: It's that time again, boys and girls...

I opened the post in question up, looked at it for about half a second and realized it wasn't something I wanted to look into any further.?ÿ Hit the "...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Mineral Survey Oddities - Part 1, Witness Corners

I wouldn't even have similar examples of relief over a site I worked on. If it is an off-line witness where I'm at, it is either someone was too lazy...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Does anyone know...

I've gotten some fairly neat items off the ETSY site Bill suggested.?ÿ Some compass rose cuff links a while back.?ÿ You just have to be careful as not...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous questions that make me question the ....

Just a wild guess, but I would bet you studied and learned and studied and learned some more.?ÿ LOL.?ÿ It is sometimes hard to accept success based on...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Bearing and distance labels

Perhaps Annotate-annotate w/ leader.?ÿ I tried using Ortho to make sure the line stayed straight, but didn't seem to be able to do it.?ÿ So you may ha...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Some Javad Fun

@mightymoe I live on the west side of Kentucky and travel to the eastern side occasionally to present a seminar.?ÿ When I go to places like London, KY...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Notes/Field Books

Not too much more recent than the 40 years ago, I had a friend at college who used an aluminum clipboard with storage.?ÿ Might be useful in your situa...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Some Javad Fun

@mightymoe Beautiful scenery to look at.?ÿ But if that is not a little matchbox truck in the lower left corner, then the scale tells me I'm not intere...

4 years ago
Page 28 / 82