AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

Number 1, you are not going to like or agree with the answer and number 2, the answer has already been posted. Statutory definition of conflict of in...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

Side track - I'm assuming you are in Alaska.?ÿ If so, what would be some of the largest distances between surveyor offices??ÿ In my area, there is one...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

@rover83 Definition 1 Merriam-Webster.?ÿ Etymology of the word from as far back as the Greek.?ÿ I'm discussing ethics.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

I think the disconnect is the difference in opinion of if it is a conflict of interest.?ÿ The people who stated they have surveyed their own propertie...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

I have not ignored your argument, I don't agree with it.?ÿ Ignoring a point would be when it was pointed out that an attorney can represent themselves...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

Exactly!?ÿ Since you ask that question, you have proven my point. Yuck.?ÿ That method of discussion actually felt as disgusting as I thought it would...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

I would disagree (of course, when do I not disagree) with this.?ÿ Ethics are the moral philosophy of an individual or group.?ÿ When groups of people l...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

This judges adjudicating their own case DOES NOT WORK because it is already specifically addressed; surprisingly enough in writing as a law which appa...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

How about putting the full text out there instead of being so selective. "shall attempt to avoid all conflicts of interest with his or her employer o...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

You conveniently changed what I stated because it fits more neatly into your opinion.?ÿ The only mention of realtor was pointing out that a lawyer doe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Misclosure Questions

There are some folks who have much more expertise in processing LS data.?ÿ I'm sure one of them will post soon to help with specific directions. I do...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

@aliquot Let's try again - What is the thing that won't be helped by full disclosure up front??ÿ You have stated that disclosure won't help.?ÿ That im...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

@aliquot I find your analogy to be flawed again.?ÿ How about an example that actually applies to the OP's question of working for their self in a real...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this ethical? Yes or no.

At the risk of being "tut-tutted" at by folks who don't think a Code of Professional Conduct is an appropriate place to look for an answer to such que...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: HDD Storage Space

@beuckie Good point.?ÿ I use a Google Drive as well.?ÿ $9.99 US / month.?ÿ Unfortunately, I'm not as conscientious about doing the cloud back up as I ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: HDD Storage Space

@michigan-left?ÿ Oops, My statement was not as clear as it could have been.?ÿ 22 years of data, not necessarily the same drive.?ÿ I back up to other ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

If the OP has already worked everything out with the neighbor and the neighbor is fine with the survey and the survey is conducted as discussed with t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

You've got an interesting way of pointing out there can be differences of opinion on these matters. In reading the posts, it seems more like people ...

4 years ago
Page 27 / 82