AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
JMS66
JMS66
@jms66
Free
Joined: March 21, 2011 1:28 pm
Last seen: August 11, 2026 10:10 am
Topics: 16 / Replies: 23
Reply
RE: How to Keep My Base Station Cool

Years ago in Yuma, AZ, my Trimble base station receiver was constantly overheating. To solve that problem, I improvised a fix using a lunch cooler lin...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

Yuma Arizona, Summer 2008 - All American Canal Project, Actually registered 134f that day on truck thermometer but didn't get pic.. don't know how ac...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Transferring control up stairwells

I’m going a bit old school here, but perhaps this methodology could be adapted to your endeavor. Over the years, I’ve worked on numerous projects in t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Rhetorical Question

Stone walls aren’t magical, but they have something that modern calculations don’t: they show where people actually agreed the boundaries were, long b...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

The actual right-of-way should be determined primarily by the physical evidence on the ground, such as the iron pipes you mentioned, rather than solel...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge Construction Staking Tricks

Hi Andy,?ÿ As a professional surveyor I have layed out many R.R.bridges across the country for Union Pacific & BNSF. Here is a few of my thoughts...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1484
Reply
RE: survey pro for a trimble sps930

Survey Pro does run with an SPS930, I have run it from both Bluetooth and/or radio. I do not believe it is subscription based, I have a perpetual lice...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Shooting down a vertical shaft

Going a bit old school surveying here, have done quite?ÿ a few of these in the construction and mining industry through the years, we fabricated/welde...

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 2
Views: 574
Reply
RE: Revit Conversion to DXF or DWG

@leegreen?ÿ Thank you Lee,?ÿ however I did not explain my issue correctly, I do not have the Revit program to export to dwg, architects are utilizing...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 3795
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC & Trimble SPS930

From my experience with Trimble the robotics are limited to Siteworks, SCS900, Trimble Access or TDS Survey Pro, however I have been able to use Carls...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Arrgghhh

One the most important things you carry with you everyday in life is your Reputation... remember that PLS's name for the next time you encounter a pla...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: 4-Wheeler vs. Side by Side

I used a lot of side by sides in the desert on large dirt projects, there ability to carry a lot of equipment was paramount. In my opinion the John De...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Structural Engineer Files Survey Map (Arizona?)

Looks like California also revoked Mohammed Siddiqui's license as well in may of 2014

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Security of Robot or GPS Base Station?

I worked for a company in Phoenix years ago that had a base station stolen, the insurance rep that came outto investigate the theft had a piece of ver...

10 years ago
Topic
Page 1 / 2