AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
jmcnicholspls
jmcnicholspls
@jmcnicholspls
Free
Joined: November 4, 2010 5:38 am
Last seen: September 29, 2026 3:23 pm
Topics: 1 / Replies: 71
Reply
RE: North Carolina bill would create a 'Limited' Professional Land Surveyor

Just do what Massachusetts did. In a few years perhaps you will go to a Board meeting so they can flip a coin to see if you get licensed. The Board d...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Prep for the FS exam

@protracted The CalTrans Exam Prep can be found on YouTube at this site PublicResourceOrg. They are a little difficult to locate so I created a pla...

3 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Contractor job site disagreement

One of my favorite surveyors used to say “we’re not building a Steinway” but he also told me I’d be better off going to truck driving school.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Note

If he adjusted by a process that generates a linear error of closure the any reference on a monument less then the linear error of closure is a guess....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer)

With the last couple of years the dermatologist went by the wayside. I'm scheduled next month, two and half years in one appointment. I'll be a mess...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Somebody didn't read the covenants and easements for their new home

@john-putnam As a former resident of Massachusetts I'm not surprised. Some clown moved into a house next to the Rod and Gun club in the town I lived ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do if forced to retire?

Move to a cabin in the woods.?ÿ Write angry letters to the government and finish my manifesto.?ÿ ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: This guy would be breaking the law in my state...

@holy-cow Do you have somma teeth??ÿ Some are in your right pocket, and some are in your left pocket??ÿ I grew up in the northeast in the seventies.?...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manual Relating to Surveys and Surveyors

I do not know where you are located.?ÿ But the Toronto Public Library has this, (old copy?).?ÿ I have always had good luck with reference librarians.?...

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Looking for a new computer/laptop

for autodesk products System Requirements | Autodesk Knowledge Network Certified Graphics Hardware | Autodesk Knowledge Network

4 years ago
Reply
RE: leica 360 prism

sorry i see you have this already

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Heerbrugg (Leica) Traverse Kit with hard case

I couldn't say about the coating.?ÿ My first Leica instrument was paired with Calson software and Sokkia prisms.?ÿ Once it became obvious the possible...

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Wild Heerbrugg (Leica) Traverse Kit with hard case

@half-bubble?ÿ Welcome to the Swiss way of thinking.?ÿ Not trying to be sarcastic.?ÿ See these papers In Swiss mathematics 34.5 mm = 0.0 mm.?ÿ Lon...

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Leica, Sokkia adjustment screws

close but drilled and slotted heads

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Tick record

@paden-cash?ÿ I don't understand the?ÿthe reluctance to pay for testing.?ÿ Some years ago, I was working on some conservation land with one of my pro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Restrictions from Seller

I am guessing there is no municipal zoning bylaws that govern this property??ÿ I agree with just ignoring the restrictions.?ÿ Someone will have to dec...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: K and E 1 minute compass info

Only so many catalogs out there to be had.?ÿ There is a 1900 that lists the 5320 as having a variation plate.?ÿ No a great scan. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: K and E 1 minute compass info

@thebionicman ?ÿThe1909 catalog lists a 5320.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: K and E 1 minute compass info

@thebionicman?ÿ this is the 1921 K&E catalog, I think you have #5320 ?ÿ this is my K&E a #5336 ?ÿ ?ÿ

4 years ago
Page 2 / 4