AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jlwahl
jlwahl
@jlwahl
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 7:07 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 199
Reply
RE: Seeking advice on entering survey plat data into GIS

BLM uses mean true bearing and Alaska usually assumes distances are 'sea-level'. They have programs that will allow them to traverse directly enterin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Help needed with angles in Excel

rfc, post: 356834, member: 8882 wrote: Some time ago, I inquired about how to convert Angles in ddmmmss to decimal degrees and back. Someone here help...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Observation Method comparison

rfc, post: 356471, member: 8882 wrote: Hey Jerry, Thanks for that link. I must have missed that on the site (although the last time I looked, I was ab...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Independent resurvey

MightyMoe, post: 356511, member: 700 wrote: Section 6 is part of an 1884 original survey.The entire township was independently resurveyed in 1915.Only...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Observation Method comparison

jlwahl, post: 356300, member: 68 wrote: I wrote a paper on the topic at the time it was becoming an issue Besides the references cited therein I thin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Observation Method comparison

I wrote a paper on the topic at the time it was becoming an issue Besides the references cited therein I think Brown and Eldridge had some error anal...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 971
Reply
RE: Measuring to Bearing Trees

My experience and both direct and indirect is that it depends a lot on the age of the survey record. Older surveys are more ambiguous as to face vs c...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Replacement for HP48

Take a look at the HP-50g. It is much like the 48 in terms of the programming, and essentially in the same heritage, but much faster. - jerry

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Closing Corners

What State and Meridian. Always start with by examining what is on the plat.- jlw

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Based Evidence

Some states specifically provide for coordinates to perpetuate and restore corners. and usually specify State Plane Coordinates. That I presume is a c...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

This should be a trivial exercise for any of the 1000's of Certified Federal Surveyors out there in the world?!!You were all taught in infinite detail...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Mining claims staking service

I would bet that federal law trump's your assumption's, But let the dogs loose on that... and of course interpretation I is b many wondered ting.. -...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Mining claims staking service

WHO CAN STAKE A CLAIM?--United States citizens who have reached the age of discretion, under the law of the state of residence; or legal immigrants wh...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Opinions on max witness tree distances in 1850s GLO surveys

without looking at the manuscript notes my first intuition would be that it is intending to say 1 chain 53 links, a typical distance for a BT.- jlw

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trying to Understand GPS Antenna Offests

Bad news was that Ashtech's original locus antenna file was based on physical antenna measurements and not on a NGS calibration. Unfortunately NGS di...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: HP 41CX x

In program mode type:[XEQ] ... the XEQ KEY . [alpha] ... rocker key into alpha mode X ... on the 6 key< ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GTS301D EDM E-69 Question

I can email you a PDF of the GTS series 300 which I believer covers the 301. I think I found it online somewhere but I haven't been able to find out w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo Quad Bench Mark question

It has been my experience that there is a lot of control out there that was established by USGS probably to support the National Mapping Program. All...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 11