AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jkinak
jkinak
@jkinak
Free
Joined: January 25, 2013 4:15 pm
Topics: 17 / Replies: 361
Reply
RE: my survey was recorded by someone else

In Alaska you are required to seal and sign any survey document (Plat, ROS, legal description, comps) that finds it's way out of your shop and isn't c...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: When the neighbor calls......

My first reaction was to think ill of the realtor. Then I realized - he/she probably only got half of the $240,000 commission so thinking that they sh...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Property line and construction staking with a robotic

I agree with RKinnie: Getting up and down gets old fast and the older you get the faster it gets old. If your 360 prism has a point on the top (like t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of State Surveyor (4th removed)

@dmyhill "Yes, I am aware. I will also talk to the guy before doing so, if possible." I totally agree that this is the way to go. Unless this survey...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you call a "Pass through" cul de sac?

Why are you required to write a metes and bounds description? Can't you just refer to a recorded plat or an attached exhibit?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of State Surveyor (4th removed)

If you follow the laws of WA: To notify or not notify the Board isn't up to you. 196-27A-020WAC 196-27A-020 Fundamental canons and guide-lines for pro...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Downward Spiral

This is called penny wise, pound foolish. Your pool of potential long-term employee candidates is limited to those who donƒ??t value their time any mo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Who wants a job Surveying for up to 135K per year?????.......

Those of you with low-balling colleagues need to share this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with them! Sell it. They'll come back rich!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deprecation of the ƒ??U.S. Survey Footƒ? on December 31, 2022

@bill93 "Just use the I-foot to convert from meters and you're done. And you won't have to remember which state you are working in to do the conversi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deprecation of the ƒ??U.S. Survey Footƒ? on December 31, 2022

Since 1866 the US Survey Foot was simply called the foot (with minor exceptions). Changing the international foot to the "foot" is inviting confusion ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deprecation of the ƒ??U.S. Survey Footƒ? on December 31, 2022

I made lots of money in the transition to metric (and that's where I cut my teeth programming LISP and Visual Basic - on someone else's nickle). Then ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Battery

Currently, you can carry them on within the guidelines. You definitely can't have them in your luggage or ship them as freight - and the fines are...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Conundrum

If this individual is a licensed EE then he/she will understand the risk of practicing out of their authorized area of practice. Not only do they risk...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New Survey Crew

The loser of that argument has to be the Party Chief. The others just loaf along enjoying the scenery, looking at rocks and bugs, competently anticipa...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you respond

In response to those that think that this can be done without a survey... I don't understand how you could identify the corners of the subject propert...

7 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: What's the bearing?

@ashton Our rules on use of color are rooted in the fact that about 6% of US population is colorblind. Failure to clearly communicate with 6% of our ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Question for all solo operators

@brad-ott I'm not know as a fearful person. But I won't risk my family's well being. I love my wife and children - exposing them to the very real ri...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

It's been a whole bunch of posts since anyone's talked about the original question: Posted by: @just-a-surveyor What would it take for your company ...

7 years ago
Page 2 / 19