AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jim_H
Jim_H
@jim_h
Free
Joined: April 5, 2016 10:13 pm
Last seen: June 15, 2026 6:34 pm
Topics: 10 / Replies: 82
Reply
RE: Determining Railroad Right-of-way

All great info and suggestions.?ÿ Thanks again for all you're help!?ÿ ?ÿ

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 5328
Reply
RE: Subdividing sections with Government Lots

If the description is considered ambiguous enough, I'd be happy to consider intent, or at least interpretation.?ÿ Which in 1968 was to take the descri...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdividing sections with Government Lots

I agree that just because a title jockey calls it the NW NW instead of lot 4, it doesn't make it so.?ÿ However, the question is if the 1968 plat, whic...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1224
Reply
RE: Calculators

I second the HP35S.?ÿ You'll want to program it for the FS exam unless you're really strong at math.?ÿ The act of programming it will allow you to bec...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 648
Reply
RE: Partitioning between Meander Corner and MHT

Re-establishing the corner position isn't the issue. As you say, the bluff is there and hasn't moved and I feel good with the calculated position. T...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 716
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

Rankin_File, post: 392517, member: 101 wrote: CCareful... You're not just slapping math on the ground are you? No need for math when you have autocad...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FS / L.S.I.T. Math help

Maybe they've changed the format since switching to computer based, but my FS exam was very heavy in math. Programming my calculator for the FS is th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Common leveling question, trying to win bet.

Round 2... double or nothing:If you want to convert NAVD88 elevations to MLLW, would you add or subtract?(NAVD88 = 1.50' MLLW)Round 3... for all the m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New to Elevation Certificates - Questions

I dont know how anyone can do one of these that cheap. I usually charge $700- $900 depending on the complexity. I do them solo all the time. Even u...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Insurance

True, the lender can still require flood insurance as explained in the attachment.The good news is your client's rate will be reduced. Atta...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the real value of having a Staff or being a CFedS to your Land Survey Business?

half bubble, post: 387469, member: 175 wrote: Worth it for the knowledge.Wish I had done the CFEDs course before my exams. It would have helped tremen...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Control points for concrete

Scribed "X" and a good description....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid/Ground Madness

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 385899, member: 6939 wrote: Grid distances (along with areas computed from them) do not reflect the reality that the public ex...

10 years ago
Reply
10 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing Rover Pole Centering Accuracy

Since I don't survey pianos, I just rotate the pole between shots and call it good.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Another problem with coordinate systems...

Bill93, post: 383280, member: 87 wrote: I would be surprised if NGS changes their philosophy of maintaining a datum linked to the North American Plate...

10 years ago
Page 1 / 5