AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: level recommendations

> I, like Mr. Putnam, use a DNA 03. The 03 refers to the seconds of the digital level, much like a regular total station. I think that Leica has bo...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: level recommendations

> We routinely are able to achieve 2nd order NGS type results even though we are only following NGS 3rd order procedures. This is also probably th...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Little Giant Ladder

I have a knock-off that I bought at Sears about 25 years ago. It's a 15' model, and not light nor small enough for me to want to haul around in the t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Peculiar Schonstedt Behavior

It's not just one monument, it seems like it's been doing this for a couple of weeks now. I'll have to try it with some familiar monument types to se...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: New computer?

> Is there something wrong with Apple computers for survey software application?Yes -- very little of it (like almost none) will run natively on a ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: At what point to do you consider a business successful?

The raw numbers don't mean much. I advise comparing your self-employment compensation against what you'd realistically obtain as an employee. Includ...

16 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1214
Reply
RE: Survey attire

Until Mike has a chance to respond:>GPS Data Available from NASA/GNN Station SANT for Earthquake>UNAVCO operates the NASA/GGN GPS station near S...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: I think I need a new base battery (RTKGPS)

> Zero baseline lengths also provide zero ppm corrections.I've often wondered about the "zero ppm" claim for RTNs. I get the part about no slop in...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey attire

> funny choice of a hammer, 12oz wouldn't cut it around here.Looks more like 16-oz to me, but then I was never one for claw hammers in the field. ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey attire

Ever since a run-in with heat stroke in 1977 -- when I was too young and stupid to wear a hat or drink lots of water (mad dogs, Englishmen and chainme...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Puzzle from the Age of the EDM and Theodolite

Geodimeter 120> Just as a footnote, it wasn't until I saw that photo of the EDM mounted on the telescope instead of the standards of the theodolite...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey attire

Here's me wearing my current standard field getup: 501 button-fly Levis, a Lands' End Overstocks shirt (long sleeves and collar for sun protection), ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Puzzle from the Age of the EDM and Theodolite

> Well, but how would you prove that it hasn't just been moved back 500 ft. by some Richard Schaut type who thought it should be closer to the fenc...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Puzzle from the Age of the EDM and Theodolite

> So, with the available information mentioned above in hand, how might a surveyor go about proving or disproving that the Rod and Rock Mound No. 1...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Cal trans RW Maps

The links appear to point at the same file despite the differing filenames. Nevertheless, thanks very much for posting this, as it provides all the d...

16 years ago
Page 362 / 374