AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: $825 dollar survey special

> What do you think of my response to my client? I didn't come off as too much of an A hole did I?Everything was great except for the gratuitous r...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: annotations in pdf's

> does anyone have or know of a mechanism that would let me make annotations in a pdf?Acrobat Standard or Pro.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Scriber

> The edge of a file will etch most anything.It will once or twice, anyway. Concrete and stone will quickly dull any steel edge, so if you want a ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What constitutes a SURVEY

>Would it be “ethical” to “adopt” this data (or some average thereof), and run out there and subdivide this Section (say set the C¼) WITHOUT verify...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Scriber

> Tile grout saw? This is a little carbide edged blade on a handle.The ones I've seen use carbide grit in some kind of binder on a short (1" or so...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Scriber

I've used a number of them over the years:The pencil-type, comprising a small-diameter replaceable carbide tip mounted in an aluminum pencil-type hous...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC narrow band widths

"[a]ll Trimble, Geodimeter, and Zeiss Robotic Total Stations operate in this [430-470] frequency band, and thus require a license."I dropped a quote i...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC narrow band widths

> GeoRadio 600 is a spread spectrum radio, so it doesn't require a license.Thanks, that's nice to know. (Guilt-free robotics!)Edit: A little rese...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC narrow band widths

While lacking the damn-the-man attitude, I'll probably do the same thing as Snoop -- use my gear until I'm ready to replace it or get busted by the FC...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Explain "Weak Traverse Angle"

> There seems to be no way to tell the program this, nor to have different centering errors for different stations.This would be accomplished with ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Explain "Weak Traverse Angle"

The missing ingredient is how direction was determined. That may influence the error propagation. Can you post the Star*Net data file, or otherwise ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*TDS vs. Star*Carlson

> They seem to be actively fixing bugs and making new releases for Star*NETI'm glad that MicroSurvey is maintaining Star*Net, but I'm curious about...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPCON QUESTION

> I keep eyeing EBAY for recievers.... trimble. I could have bought a pair of 4800's with extras for 5K....That was a great deal -- I was tempted, ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Rhode Island Bill would strip away all but Boundary Surveys.

> it appears that this bill is only to allow engineers to do topo surveys on engineering projects. They can't go out and market topo surveying ser...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: FS/2 data collectors

I remember coveting an FS/2 when I was using a CMT MC-V, because the FS/2 seemed so advanced. Now it's not worth the space it would take up.If your u...

16 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Professional Stature

> From 17-15 Aiding Unauthorized Surveying Practice> Having a lay person be a partner in charge of a corporation practicing surveying is a viola...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: bi-pod...

> Three legs are more useful than two, especially along side highways. The third can be removed very easily on days the wind gusts are not a proble...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: The Florida Bill made it out of the subcommittee - unchanged

> In the hypothetical situation of a nationwide license (which I don't believe in or think is practical - that whole state sovereignty thing) I'm o...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Kern parallel plate micrometer for sale

I didn't get the impression that Cliff was denigrating the instrument's quality or desirability. I think he was pointing out that it's current value ...

16 years ago
Forum
Page 361 / 374