AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 8:45 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Cheaper than a shiner

Modern pennies are mostly zinc with only a thin veneer of copper that will wear away quickly. Unless there's abrasive exposure (think tires or shoe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TCRA1103 Plus refectorless red laser EDM check

I always assumed that the minimum distance spec meant that you couldn't reliably get a shot that close, but the few time's I've pulled in tighter I've...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you store your position/height data?

airport surveys with bench marks at the end of the runways, two first order bench marks at the airport Twenty years ago I used to be able to drive ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you store your position/height data?

Otherwise all projects (old and new) will have 437 different sets of coordinate values to choose from, most of which will be entirely fubar As with...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing

That's a very nice presentation of the issues, thanks for posting it!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Project v5.0 Beta

jim frame, what hardware and software are you using to output the data to Opus? Javad Triumph-LS (hardware and software), though I haven't experime...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from John Day, Oregon

I've driven through John Day a couple of times.?ÿ The thing I recall about its namesake is that once, while camping on the Columbia River, he and his ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Keuffel & Esser display case?

It looks like something designed to press a large flat thing against the glass.?ÿ But what kind of thing, I don't know.

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 33
Views: 1783
Reply
RE: Electronic Total Station Leveling Best Practices

I would probably resect more often than I do if it weren't for the fact that on multiple occasions SurvCE v5 had failed to solve what should have been...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Field Books

I still have all of mine, but after almost 30 years in business I'm only on No. 33, so storage space isn't much of a problem.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best woods robot

I haven't found an advantage in having a robot with one guy in the woods. The only advantage is when you only have one guy. Traversing through the...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Base battery housing

I've been using these for a couple of decades to house 18ah SLA batteries.?ÿ I fitted them with a MIL connector that mated with an Ashtech Z-12, then ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Who can request a survey

I believe that you are thinking of eminent domain. A taking via eminent domain may have been planned, but as I recall it hadn't been completed, and...

4 years ago
Page 26 / 374