AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 7:20 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: New FEMA Elevation Certificate

[email protected] is the address that sent the response.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Phone etiquette

I rarely answer my phone these days -- I get far too many spam calls. If it's a known caller and I'm expecting the contact and I'm not standing in th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New FEMA Elevation Certificate

I contacted FEMA and asked them to remove the restrictions. I got this in response: Good afternoon Jim Frame, Thank you for your email out the re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

Could you give a ballpark range on a typical price + premium? I'm in CA, not NC, so I have no way of knowing what rates are like there, let alone t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

The law of supply and demand hasn't been repealed. Want faster service? Offer to pay a premium fee. There are probably more than a few "too busy" s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to Organize Survey Data

With a Google account, a super simple way is to use Google My Maps I found this intriguing, so I looked at My Maps to see if I can make productive ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Transit Notes

I've been on the rod end of a few plane table stadia surveys, but never on the instrument end -- I was still too far down in the chain of command (i.e...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How long does it take?

Find the property corners, tie the house to the boundary, and draw the house. No wonder I didn't understand it - that kind of survey pretty much do...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How long does it take?

A good party chief should be equipped with a COGO-CAD program running on a tablet. Any simple 2-D survey should be 90% completed while in the field. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

From what I can tell that's a FM antenna Yep. KDVS, the UC Davis campus radio station got that antenna 10 years ago. It's on a tower at the count...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Device to find azimuth of antenna face

I've done a couple of antenna orientations to FCC specs (1° of arc), but both antennas were visible from the ground, so my approach isn't applicable t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: JPEG vs TIFF vs ECW for your Ortho

What would be the circumstances that you would want to do that? In order to display the image, it has to get uncompressed in RAM. The compressed s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: JPEG vs TIFF vs ECW for your Ortho

Any popular file format, including TIFF and RAW will be compressed Not necessarily. The TIFF specification allows for 3 different compression sche...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Data Accuracy/Precision/Error

In my experience with monitoring well surveys, local accuracy is more important than datum accuracy. When characterizing aquifer slope and direction,...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Stupid tax mistake

Most Surveyors I know have enough sense not to mess with the IRS. I agree, as long as by "mess with" you mean "don't engage in tax evasion," as di...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: JPEG vs TIFF vs ECW for your Ortho

My understanding is that JPG is compressed using an algorithm that results in some (though not much) loss of fidelity, whereas TIFF is uncompressed. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the best way to setup an external radio UHF antenna for a GNSS Base

I don't use UHF much, as most of my work area has good cell coverage. But I do carry an 8' piece of 3/4" gas pipe that has a pole point on one end an...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RE: Post-processing Javad JMT files

I can't help with JMT (do your receivers have the required OAF?), but there's a Windows Explorer add-in that allows you to convert jps to RINEX for OP...

3 years ago
Page 20 / 374