AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 505
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1005
Reply
RE: Plotter Replacement Recommendations

I've been using an Epson T3470 D-size plotter for 4 years now. after finding that I could no longer buy ink for my HP 450C. At the time I wasn't impr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

the Leica GS18's I mostly use (and everyone other one I looked back that I've used last decade) are mm differences only. It depends on the azimuth ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

I was skeptical about claims that orientation of my Javad Triumph-LS mattered, but then a few years ago I did some calcs using the antcal file. As I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

It's been 30 years since I did any serious construction staking, but in the 15 or so years prior to that -- through a bunch of large projects, both re...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1232
Reply
RE: MOUNT DANA (HR2738)

How old is that avatar pic, anyway? It's pretty old, at least 10 years. Not much dark hair left anymore. 🙁

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1022
Reply
RE: Screen Shots in Lieu of Field Notes

In my case, it may have helped that the judge and I had spent many hours together in the bleachers watching our sons play baseball. That, and the fac...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Screen Shots in Lieu of Field Notes

The whole time, I'm trying to subtly indicate to the attorney that he needs to ask me I'm not that polite. When an opposing attorney balked at my ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary question

Unless there's some ambiguity in the map dimensions that require extrinsic evidence to resolve, I'd hold the map monuments and dimensions. It's *pro...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Screen Shots in Lieu of Field Notes

With regard to screenshots: while I don't often need to refer to them, I like the Javad convention of automatically storing a screenshot at the begin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Screen Shots in Lieu of Field Notes

I still carry a field book, but for the most part all it has is job numbers, dates and a bunch of instrument heights and manhole dips. Occasionally I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quantum Navigation

An article in the New York Times (warning: paywall) alludes to this technology that's being developed by the Aussie firm Q-CTRL. They claim 100x imp...

3 years ago
Page 19 / 374