AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Universal Screen Protectors

Thanks for that reference! I just ordered one.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1209
Reply
RE: Hey Trimble where is your answer to the Leica AP20 AutoPole ??

"Cell corrections work just fine with an external modem, which is still much less expensive than the bridge – it’s the exact same setup, just with the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS document on horizontal marks

Maybe the OP is asking about the physical construction of geodetic control marks. If that's the case, he should check out "Bottles, Pots & Pans? ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA / NSPS Land Title Survey

"Why an ALTA /NSPS survey would be of any benefit is beyond my comprehension" An ALTA is effectively an insurance policy -- the surveyor is certifying...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Feature Codes & Attributes

"But who is responsible fir the “field guy” who gave him direction to do 10 miles of locations with the right information?!" The outfit is a former em...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Feature Codes & Attributes

The attribute editing in TBC sounds like what they'll have to do. I'll pass that info along. Thanks again for the insightful and useful assist!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Feature Codes & Attributes

The field guy apparently only used the description field to code the points, and they've been bringing the points into TBC via CSV files, then process...

3 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Adjustment software - considering Star*Net

"Admittedly, Starnet’s approach to adjustments – on the grid – breaks down when dealing with very large areas." As I recall, this only pertains to pro...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it a Subdivision?

In CA most of this stuff has been adjudicated. The rules are complicated, but the law is mostly settled.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access Site Calibration

I get the linear-calibration concern, that's why calibrations always make me nervous. But the agency (Caltrans) has specified that their control valu...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 4347
Reply
RE: TBC JXL Import Failure

Thanks for that, I'll pass it along and see what he's got!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC JXL Import Failure

I did get a v6.20 jxl from my colleague, and it came into my copy of TBC without issue. Unfortunately, it only contains RTK vectors and coordinates. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC JXL Import Failure

I don't know what version my copy of TBC can read, but rover83 thinks that 6.20 will work. Shall we give it a try?

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 3155
Reply
RE: Serious things you soon-to-be geezers need to consider

You realize that will never happen if you include interest?I ran the numbers in a spreadsheet that accounts for the accrued and compounded interest, a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Federal government shutdown proactive measures

Thanks for the reminder, Scott! There's a plan afoot to reobserve the Yolo project, so I just downloaded all the sheets for Yolo, Colusa, Sacramento ...

3 years ago
Page 18 / 374